Luis Suarez

maqroll

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we need 4 Strikers so 3 plus Archer. Gerrard will swap between one 10 and two 10s depending on opposition etc.. next season so we need at least one more Striker signed. 

I'm a bit torn on Archer, him getting to train alongside Ings and Suarez could do him some good, but I just can't see him getting any serious game time, I wonder if another loan would be more beneficial

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm a bit torn on Archer, him getting to train alongside Ings and Suarez could do him some good, but I just can't see him getting any serious game time, I wonder if another loan would be more beneficial

Archer could do with another season. Hopefully with a newly promoted side or a promotion chasing Championship team. 

I hope we are not looking at Saurez. I would much prefer we strengthen in defence with two new centre backs. I also believe with a strengthened spine in the team Watkins and Ings will have a much better season next time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh ok, my knowledge isn’t great of European players these day, I just thought he was an important player for them for some reason.

He is a squad player mainly but started more recently as they sold Trippier in January and didn't buy a right back. So moved one of the midfielders to right back 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is a squad player mainly but started more recently as they sold Trippier in January and didn't buy a right back. So moved one of the midfielders to right back 

This last season but his first season there he was very important. 

Edited by PaulC

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I do think Suarez has legs though.

Not according to our in house experts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I watched him come on as a substitute for Atletico against Citeh. He doesn't do much when his side haven't got the ball, he won't do a lot of pressing and his pace is not what it was, but he can still find space inside the box, and he came alive when Atletico moved forward. I don't think for a moment that he has lost the ability to find the net and he still demands the ball from his teammates. He still seems to retain 100% confidence in his own ability to finish, subject to being given the service that he demands and is a player that opposition defences will always be worried about when the ball is played into their box.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peterwithethewinner said:

Had to read this twice…thought it said Nzogbia😳

Sorry mate, I would hate to trigger anyone’s PTSD over that guy! 

Edited by Woody1000

17 minutes ago, John said:

I watched him come on as a substitute for Atletico against Citeh. He doesn't do much when his side haven't got the ball, he won't do a lot of pressing and his pace is not what it was, but he can still find space inside the box, and he came alive when Atletico moved forward. I don't think for a moment that he has lost the ability to find the net and he still demands the ball from his teammates. He still seems to retain 100% confidence in his own ability to finish, subject to being given the service that he demands and is a player that opposition defences will always be worried about when the ball is played into their box.  

He'll have slowed down for sure, but I don't think he was ever really considered a fast player, that wasn't one of his strengths.  It's his movement in the box, you don't lose that regardless of age.  I don't think he could play as a loan striker for us, but he would definitely benefit playing alongside the likes of Watkins and Buendia.  There movement and runs would create space for him, I see him as more of a poacher. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

I'm in this boat.  It'll be a 1 year deal, to put himself in the frame for the World Cup mid season, then he's off to MLS in summer 2023.

Pefect fit for the Vegas Villains!

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Scumbag with multiple on pitch misdemeanours. His last act as a player owned by Liverpool was biting somebody at the World Cup

Was a good player but cant move anymore. Maybe can see if Ruud Van Nistelrooy is available as would be like signing similar Suarez is that immobile

Ciro? Good shout.

• Haha 1

Â