Pensioner status - check

Obscene wages - check

Once played as Liverpool on FIFA - check

Sign him up!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Someone drive him to Goodison.

Not what we need.

How about you drive him there yourself? I'm not starting my car until fuel prices come down again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Always impressed me and is probably as good as what we have but I guess the club needs to be careful with wages, especially if it’s for backup players. 

I'm just not sure about FFP now after Everton claimed about twice as much as everyone else for COVID losses, if they can get away with that I'm sure CP has some tricks up his sleeve 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Always impressed me and is probably as good as what we have but I guess the club needs to be careful with wages, especially if it’s for backup players. 

He's much better than Konsa and is arguably better than Mings.  Fans would love him after a few games.  

• Like 3

Just now, avfc1982am said:

A no from me. Decent but 3 years too late imo and I think we need a marquee signing now at CB. 

I agree.  He would probably do as a back up, someone to bring on if we are holding a lead.  But everything we've heard about a new CB is that SG is after a ball playing CB who can pass, at Tarkowski isn't that. 

Would be a really good balanced signing for us. Always thought Mings needed an experienced defender next to him so thar Mings just has to worry about himself.  

Plus we have 4 v promising 17 and 18 year old talents at cb in the academy. In 4 years time hopefully 1 or  2 will be ready. 

Would be a big yes from me . 

• Like 2

I think if we was in for him, we would get him.

However, His heading ability and aggression is commendable......its good to have good passing skills at centre back, but stopping goal scoring threats is priority.

I feel confident the club will make the right call.

• Like 4

Yes from unless we have another ace up the sleeve. He’s decent and another experienced head who shouldn’t make lots of individual errors given his time in the league. 

He’s a step up from what we have but not sure how high to set my hopes/expectations with Villa this summer. 

Reading between the lines I expect is to sign him and quite soon. People seem quick to forget this pattern of as soon as there’s contract negotiations for a player/player signing a new deal, there’s always a “x make late move for y”. It’s all about the agent trying to get the best deal. Could be wrong but this has happened a lot to Villa recently with Kamara (Athletico), Cash (Athletico), ward Prowse, Smith Rowe, Coutinho (Arsenal), Digne (Newcastle). Same things happening with Kalvin Phillips in my opinion he’ll sign a new deal with Leeds. No matter how many times it happens, people still seem to believe anything they see online 

• Like 1

The stupidest thing I read on Villa talk is people commenting on a players individual wage and completely ignoring it's all an annual cost to Villa which is is wage PLUS transfer fee over life of contract.

I would prefer a proven ball playing CB instead of Tarkowski. I'll have no issues if it's Hause out on loan and Tarkowski in and that's our CBs solved. He's a quality defender, massive amount of experience and he'd have a great partnership with Mings I'd say.

No issues with this one especially as Gomez is not leaving Liverpool by sounds of it. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He is 29 too. No thanks for that sort of money. Let everton have him

That's the entire point, he's in the peak years now for a CB and he has lots of Premier League experience. Seem to be a big personality and leader by all accounts too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we don’t sign him I see him going to a West Ham or Leicester. Teams we are competing with right?

West Ham had bit £31m for him in Sept 2020 so are obviously fans.

If we sign Bassey and we've Kamara. I think experience in Tarkowski would be a good balance to that

• Like 1

Decent player, great if free, highly rated and likely better than Konsa. A few mentioned he also has errors in him, more so than Mings which is a concern.

Given the seriousness of the project pursuit and the importance of this position I am surprised if it is anything other than plan B, but wouldn’t grumble if he joined, especially if it allowed say Bissouma and another  expensive forward to arrive in the same window.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

West Ham had bit £31m for him in Sept 2020 so are obviously fans.

If we sign Bassey and we've Kamara. I think experience in Tarkowski would be a good balance to that

Really? I think that just shows how valuable he was to Burnley!

Â