James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

11 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yes from unless we have another ace up the sleeve. He’s decent and another experienced head who shouldn’t make lots of individual errors given his time in the league. 

He’s a step up from what we have but not sure how high to set my hopes/expectations with Villa this summer. 

fill your boots.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? I think that just shows how valuable he was to Burnley!

Well Burnley turned it down, West Ham valued him at £31m as they bid that. He's available for free now. He'll be great business for whomever he joins

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

This has been going around for a while. 29 is the same age as Mings. Free transfer as well and excelled in a poor Burnley team. Theres a soft underbelly at Villa and he would help fix that. So yes I'm all for signing him!

and hopefully SG et al...... is working on it.

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Kamara Mings Tarkowski looks very defensively solid to me vs Luiz Mings Konsa

Me too......its starting to take shape and the mood seems to be changing.....thank goodness.

That defeat, will help to move things along too.

We have to become hard to play against....as a pre-requisite.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Not a glamorous name compared to other CB's we've been linked with, but I think Tarkowski is underrated. I'd welcome him at Villa definitely, isn't he also a bit of a d*ck when he's playing? If he is I like it, having a player that can get under players/fans skin is brilliant in my opinion. Our players sometimes get a bit rattled at times when we played Palace (Zaha) and City (Rodri) at times when they either do tactical fouls or constantly in our players ears. It would be nice to have a few at Villa that did the same

• Like 1

If we can get him on wages that aren't ridiculous, then it's a no brainer. I would want another top class CB to play next to Mings though, leaving Tark/Konsa/Chambers as back up (probably minus Konsa) 

I can see the potential of a young CB like Botman (although we need a right footed CB) but I believe that a strong experienced Premier League CB pairing is what we need for next season.

Mings and Tarkowski would hit the ground running as a pair with no time needed to "learn" the very different challenges of the PL. Tarkowski is the best available RCB who ticks all our required boxes at this moment in time. (imo) 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Kamara Mings Tarkowski looks very defensively solid to me vs Luiz Mings Konsa

Not only that, throw Chambers in the mix there as well and you have 4 players very comfortable defending and playing with the ball at their feet.  Gives us flexibility to play 3 at the back too.  

This is one signing I'm not on board with myself.  He's just a big goon who cannot pass the ball AT ALL (68% completion this season).  Complete anti SG style of a CB.  We need a ball playing CB, full stop.  That is mainly what made Chambers look so good in our games, he is capable of passing the ball.  Konsa cannot, he only gives the ball sideways and back to Emi, who then lumps it forward.  Mings passing is dreadful as well...he dwells on the ball forever only to lump a hopeful ball to the channel for Watkins.

Signing Tark would just be more of the same.  The only positive I see would be he's a better defender, and a shitehouse, which our side lacks.  Hopefully its just agent talk to get better offers.

• Like 1

Â