Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Say watching this with my girlfriends family - all City fans 

Work in Liverpool with a load of Reds

Can neither of them win it? 

You tell them what’s coming in the next few season as a Lion 🦁  resurrects👍

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Ings doesn’t make the chance Watkins makes for himself, combine them and you’d have an elite forward

This is a fair point, albeit a little harsh. Ings has been missing plenty of clear chances recently so there's really no guarantee he'd have even put the ball in the net.

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

VAR once again not doing its job, Fernandinho clearly fouled Watkins and could easily have been off. 

I just do not see the point in VAR, absolute waste of space.

I don't think Watkins was getting there so not sure if it would've been denying a scoring opportunity.  Not sure why Fernandinho did it tbh.

Edited by sharkyvilla

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Ollie is a conundrum - he works a back four, it takes two to stop him, he's a nightmare for defenders, but he's also pretty capable of stopping himself.

He just isn’t natural on the ball, everything he does takes thought and is deliberate, it’s a real shame because he is a very good football player and his work rate is second to none, he just doesn’t have that natural edge to take him to the next level.

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

We really don't seem far away from being a good team at times. 

I think that's what's made this season so frustrating. 

We’ve got a lot of potential. I’m looking forward to seeing what we can do following another transfer window. 

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

This is a fair point, albeit a little harsh. Ings has been missing plenty of clear chances recently so there's really no guarantee he'd have even put the ball in the net.

Yep, despite the billion quid spend under Pep 'plays the kids' Guardiola 🙄

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

To walk up to the Citeh dugout and hurt Grealish and Pep? Good stuff. 

Nah, where we don’t need to score, but just need the ball to stick up top for more than 5 seconds.

Just now, DCJonah said:

We really don't seem far away from being a good team at times. 

I think that's what's made this season so frustrating. 

Definitely a tactical improvement today, which I think we have lacked at times.  Anyway my dreaded outcome of Liverpool champions and Leeds staying up looking most likely at this stage.

• Like 1