Pre match chat

ender4

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Benching Buendia was pre planned. He was given a chance on Saturday and he took it. Coutinho was always starting today. Now Coutinho knows he has to perform today or he'll not be starting against Palace. This is how you get the best out of players competing for starting places.

This is how you get the best out of players. Give them one start in 2 months then watch them be MOTD and work harder than everyone then drop em.

It's a disgrace.

If he promised Coutinho a start he's a clown for making such a stupid promise. It's professional football not take turnsies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Ding, ding, ding! Creating competition is a good thing. 

Yes it is. Its nonsense that this is the way you do it. 

Competition is created by people earning the shirt. Buendia did that in the last match. 

Coutinho has started 5 of the last 6. That's not competition. That's one starting and one being a back up. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I worry about our club with the levels of idiocy of our fanbase. 

Chambers was right for Burnley. Nakamba is right for Liverpool. The decisions make sense.

Buendia was always going to be benched today. His performance on Saturday is what throws the guantlet down for Coutinho. 

This isn't the MON era where you play the same players every game. 

Firing shots in claiming idiocy for suggesting Buendia keeps his place having scored and assisted in a MOTM performance having hardly played recently is a bit of a reach!

• Like 2

Chambers was right for Burnley. Nakamba is right for Liverpool. The decisions make sense.

Buendia was always going to be benched today. His performance on Saturday is what throws the guantlet down for Coutinho. 

Check out Mr. Enlightened over here.

Also you realize you're contradicting yourself here don't you? The whole problem is that he has favourites that he plays almost every single game regardless of form.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Surely it isn't competition if one of them wins by default.

Yep was what Targett saw and apparently Konsa/Chambers is a similar situation

So Coutinho has to play because it's Liverpool but Buendia gets 10mins against Norwich?! Not sure I see, or appreciate, why who they played for should have any impact on game management from ASTON VILLA.

Don't think Gerrard has improved Villa at all really. Think we've basically stood still. He's about his old mates before Villa, from coaching to players.

Nonsense. He has put down a marker with his performance on Saturday. Now he has to see how Coutinho responds. 

If you genuinely believe this. Why did it take so long for Buendia to start? 

Why didn't he take this same approach earlier and drop coutinho after a strong performance to see how Buendia would respond? 

I'll tell you why, because it's utter nonsense. 

I'm not too annoyed, I like to see how the game plays out and this might work brilliantly. But it's hilarious the delusion on here to convince themselves. 

• Like 3

Just now, rodders0223 said:

This is how you get the best out of players. Give them one start in 2 months then watch them be MOTD and work harder than everyone then drop em.

It's a disgrace.

If he promised Coutinho a start he's a clown for making such a stupid promise. It's professional football not take turnsies.

You're a disgrace. You're the clown. Not Gerrard. 

Buendia is now in line to get the start against Palace unless Coutinho can perform tonight.

We've 5 games in 15 days too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I know, plenty where outraged at the selection pre Burnley, there’s no pleasing some