Pre match chat

ender4

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We've 5 games in 15 days and we've a near fully fit squad. As if some player rotation was not guaranteed to happen.

Cambers doesn't have the mobility and energy of Nakamba. Nakamba doesn't have the height of Chambers. The slections for Burnley and today for CDM make total sense to me. 

Dropping Coutinho for Burnley for Buendia to hopefully spark a response from him tonight is good management. I'm getting the feeling there is competition for places in the team for the first time, well ever!!

nobody has said Chambers for Nakamba though

Should be Chambers for Konsa, another favourite of the management team after he had a poor game vs Spurs and Burnley

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This would make sense if players were rotating in and out every week. You sure you're not talking about Liverpool? Because this isn't what's happening at Aston Villa.

Ding ding ding. 

Just now, AV82 said:

Shame he won't ever rotate the likes of McGinn.

Traore and Sanson waiting weeks for game time when they are available. Hause has disappeared off the planet

First sub today as usual will be Ashley Young after 65 minutes

• Like 3

If it was pre-planned by Gerrard, then fair enough (though I'm not sure I see the merit of planning a team two weeks in advance and ignoring form). But some of the stuff about rotating players and stuff is pure nonsense. I promise you Steven Gerrard isn't reading your posts.

• Like 3

On 08/05/2022 at 12:14, HalfTimePost said:

We'd be mental to play 4312 imo. Lack of width against Robertson, TAA, Salah , Diaz and Mane/Jota would be a disaster.

Ings

Watkins.                     Buendia

McGinn.     Luiz

Nakamba

Digne Mings Chambers Cash

Martinez

Watkins and Buendia working hard to provide cover for Digne and Cash. Bring Coutinho on for Buendia and a standing ovation from Red Scouse late on in the game, hopefully at 0-0, with Bailey on for Watkins and try and hit them fast on the break behind TAA.

Easy this.

Stevie, I'm available. £100k a year and I'm yours. ♥️

Not far away from what I wanted although I think 4312 will be a mistake. Maybe it is 433 though

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If Nakamba plays well tonight I’ll be very impressed, considering he hasn’t played for 6 months (not counting those 3 minutes).

he better not play well or he will be dropped for Sunday :P 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

But even then that would be a small sample. Since January, this hasn't been a countinho/buendia rotation. 

I think the problem is that you're not sophisticated enough to understand the 1/10 rotational split.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But even then that would be a small sample. Since January, this hasn't been a countinho/buendia rotation. 

We don’t know whether Emi had issues or anything else that could have meant we wanted to go easy on him. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

For the record, I don't genuinely have an issue with the decision. He's the manager and he can pick the team he thinks will win. I didn't moan when Dean picked the team and I won't now. Let's see how it turns out. 

I just don't really get it and I think two or three are seriously clutching at make believe stuff to convince themselves it's the right move. 

It's as strong a team as any, and he'll have his reasons of course. There's no need to make up excuses though. It's so weird.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hahaha lets see how this plays out. I think that too is madness against liverpool as we wont have a lit of the ball so not sure why we need two strikers.

However i appreciate the way both played so can see the logic in that. Nakamba hasnt played more than what 15 mins in 5 months amd you throw him to start against liverpool?? Surely if you was going to do this you would have given him more minutes vs burnley?

We shall see, he will have a little bit more protection next to him in Luiz not necessarily tenacity but less marauding than JJ.

Also, how **** shit does Konsa have to play, he was dropped for one game, came back when Chambers had done well, then was absolutely atrocious again. He shouldn't be in this team.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2022 at 08:13, ferguson1 said:

Three home games in nine days, starting Tuesday evening. It’ll be a real tough one, but every side is beatable. Under the lights and a sell out crowd, we’ll give them a good game.

Changes in these three home games will need to be made, but I’d start the same side on Tuesday as the one that started yesterday. It worked and I think it could suit us for this game especially. Konsa needs a good game and fingers crossed he has one.

Leaving Coutinho on the bench against his old club would be a big call, but the right one to start the game I reckon. Gerrard even used his subs well yesterday and will be crucial again here.

Martinez

Cash            Konsa            Mings          Digne

Chambers 

McGinn                          Luiz

Buendia

Ings                         Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Feeney, Young, Nakamba, Iroegbunam, Sanson, Chukwuemeka, Coutinho, Traore.

Here’s hoping Man City win well today and dampen this Liverpool side. Going to say an entertaining 2-2 game. 

I predicted something very close earlier this week. Just Nakamba and Coutinho in for Chambers and Buendia.    Hopefully we can win the midfield battle this evening.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They're not really being rotated though are they? People are acting like this is a regular occurrence. 

My issue is that Buendia’s energy would be better for a game like this over Coutinho given how Liverpool play with their energy.

• Like 2