Pre match chat

ender4

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Also, how **** shit does Konsa have to play, he was dropped for one game, came back when Chambers had done well, then was absolutely atrocious again. He shouldn't be in this team.

He was all over the place vs Burnley and it has seemed to go unnoticed. Nearly cost us 2 goals

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Just seen a coach with a couple of windows smashed in and police on board - police dogs round by north stand - anyone see what happened ???

Buendia found out he’d been dropped.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Traore and Sanson waiting weeks for game time when they are available. Hause has disappeared off the planet

First sub today as usual will be Ashley Young after 65 minutes

To be fair that's because he doesn't trust them and they will be first out the door.

Still mad Konsa is starting to me though.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Just the usual negativity mate

Or realism that somebody was dropped for nothing 

Our hardest working player dropped for a player that doesnt track back vs probably the best team in Europe 

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Benching Buendia was pre planned. He was given a chance on Saturday and he took it. Coutinho was always starting today. Now Coutinho knows he has to perform today or he'll not be starting against Palace. This is how you get the best out of players competing for starting places.

I sort of see you point, but then in that case 'play well keep the shirt' is only really applying to Coutinho.

He plays even half decent and he's rewarded with another start (and he was getting starts even when not  effective in our losing run while Emi still sat on the bench).

Whereas Emi takes his chance but still its 'well you won us the game but Coutinho immediately gets another go to prove his worth', which Emi never seems to get. 

It smacks of double standards frankly.

That said, hopefully Coutinho smashes in a hatrick and celebrates each goal Adebayor style infront of angry Liverpool fans

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think I’m slightly more shocked at Konsa starting to be honest but let’s see… hopefully we get the Coutinho from the Leeds game today. I do think Buendia was a better option for today to help with counter pressing.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Watching Jon Moss' warm up would give hope to every disability claiming obese middle aged men everywhere you can still ref at the highest level.

Thanks man ❤️

I mean… to be fair wasn’t long ago Coutinho was one of the best players in the World… Buendia was knocking about in the championship last season and has only recently come good in the premier league. 

I think the rotation is good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

FTFY.

the 2 players that came into the line up on Saturday were dropped/rotated.

Both didnt even finish 90 minutes they must have been so exhausted