Pre match chat

ender4

We have put 13 past them in the last 3 games at Villa Park including 6 year old Louie Barry scoring

For some reason I can see us rolling over in this game like we did at Anfield 🙄

Unchanged team for me.

Liverpool haven't actually had an easy game v us since we came back up.

First game they mugged us at VP with those two late goals and then think they scored late in the Anfield game. Also won 94th minute last season and this season we weren't far off getting a 0-0.

So I think we can make things difficult for them for an hour at least although can't see us getting anything. 0-2.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Unchanged team for me.

I think he has already said there would be changes (in the BBC post patch interview). 

Can see Coutinho back for this.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I know it's raving, but I just think Gerrard won't want the win. Imagine if we beat them, the League is as good as over for Liverplop,. Gerrard would get pelters from the scousers

I mean they're out to 5/1 to win it now. It's out if their hands. Good time for us to be playing liverpool and man city, if man city keep winning.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Unchanged team for me.

Liverpool haven't actually had an easy game v us since we came back up.

First game they mugged us at VP with those two late goals and then think they scored late in the Anfield game. Also won 94th minute last season and this season we weren't far off getting a 0-0.

So I think we can make things difficult for them for an hour at least although can't see us getting anything. 0-2.

the last game was very easy for them as we didnt even try. Liverpool fans say we are the worst team to go to Anfield this season as we time wasted from the 5th minute

I will be disgusted if we roll over on Tuesday

Three home games in nine days, starting Tuesday evening. It’ll be a real tough one, but every side is beatable. Under the lights and a sell out crowd, we’ll give them a good game.

Changes in these three home games will need to be made, but I’d start the same side on Tuesday as the one that started yesterday. It worked and I think it could suit us for this game especially. Konsa needs a good game and fingers crossed he has one.

Leaving Coutinho on the bench against his old club would be a big call, but the right one to start the game I reckon. Gerrard even used his subs well yesterday and will be crucial again here.

Martinez

Cash            Konsa            Mings          Digne

Chambers 

McGinn                          Luiz

Buendia

Ings                         Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Feeney, Young, Nakamba, Iroegbunam, Sanson, Chukwuemeka, Coutinho, Traore.

Here’s hoping Man City win well today and dampen this Liverpool side. Going to say an entertaining 2-2 game. 

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Chambers in midfield worked well - but can we afford to pick Konsa on his current form or do we put Chambers back into the back line?

Default reaction of most managers in this situation is to try to play the percentages and go 5-3-2 or 5-4-1…

We'd be mental to play 4312 imo. Lack of width against Robertson, TAA, Salah , Diaz and Mane/Jota would be a disaster.

Ings

Watkins.                     Buendia

McGinn.     Luiz

Nakamba

Digne Mings Chambers Cash

Martinez

Watkins and Buendia working hard to provide cover for Digne and Cash. Bring Coutinho on for Buendia and a standing ovation from Red Scouse late on in the game, hopefully at 0-0, with Bailey on for Watkins and try and hit them fast on the break behind TAA.

Easy this.

Stevie, I'm available. £100k a year and I'm yours. ♥️

• Like 1

Isolate Trent and attack down their right keep giving it to Jack, get Barkley making late runs from slightly deeper than Ollie. Limit their chances and play down our right.  All that should mean at least 7 goals…. 

Oh wait…..

Seriously these bin dippers are going to try and hurt us. So in the first 15 minutes we should go all out blitz mode hopefully we get some chances and take them. 

• Like 1