Pre match chat

ender4

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Your implying he’s gonna send us out to lose ? That’s utterly ridiculous. He’s employed as our manager. His playing career is over. 

Its like most of the players in our first team really.As an example im sure Watkins tries just as hard to score against Arsenal as any other team.

58 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Could this be the game where Martinez gets a second yellow for time wasting?

depends how early he starts, he started early in the first half at Anfield and Liverpool fans are well aware of it because they keep crying to me about it :D  

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

not convinced by this whole chambers at no. 6 malarky. rewatched the burley game and he was done on a number of occasions for pace and mobility. he looked exactly how you'd expect a cb playing dm to look.

the change of shape however did look good and played to the strengths of mcginn and luiz. id stick big Tim in from the start and move chambers back to cb instead of konsa

I think he was played to combat Burnley's physicalness. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nakamba come into the side tonight as Liverpool are much more mobile than Burnley and we'll need someone who can get about the pitch quicker 

14 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Give credit where it's due. 

They certainly did have a barren run in terms of the league title, but they have always had a stature about them ever since Shankley developed the boot - room era. You don't win that many European trophies without having something special.

Real Madrid have it too. The kind of stature that instills belief as an obligation. Hence, two goals in the last minute and one more in extra time for the coup de grace, and as stunning as that was, it really wasn't that surprising, because it's Real Madrid.

There is nothing lucky about that kind of continuous success. 

Its the drive to succeed, and not accept second best.

Even when they went through the doldrums, the fanbase was restless, for better....striving for the top.

Brendan Rodgers was/is not a bad manager, but Liverpool wanted better.....its that that keeps them going like they do.

Other teams just accept the status quo too easily.

• Like 3

Martinez

Cash         Chambers      Mings         Digne

Nakamba

McGinn                  Luiz

Buendia                                   Coutinho

Watkins

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Your implying he’s gonna send us out to lose ? That’s utterly ridiculous. He’s employed as our manager. His playing career is over. 

If I was managing Liverpool, who had nothing to play for, and Villa was on for a quadruple I would not be as professional as you obviously! 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Its the drive to succeed, and not accept second best.

Even when they went through the doldrums, the fanbase was restless, for better....striving for the top.

Brendan Rodgers was/is not a bad manager, but Liverpool wanted better.....its that that keeps them going like they do.

Other teams just accept the status quo too easily.

FFS - wot a total load of bollx.

Liverpool lean years link in with lower spending.

Barring a miracle (disaster) they will be 2nd best this season.

Clubs only accept the status quo because they are unable to be bankrolled like Liverpool are.

Edited by hippo

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Martinez

Nakamba

Watkins

Harsh on Ings but I’d be happy with that. Funny thing is we probably be defensively more solid with Ings there instead of Couts.

Martinez

Nakamba

Watkins

Yes he did say he was going to tweak things a bit so I know the forecast is that Coutinho for Buendia but it could be that Ings will make way even though playing Buendia and Coutinho together hasnt really worked. Not sure about bringing Nakamba back in, i would stick with Chambers in that position. 

7 hours ago, hippo said:

But the argument was they didn't spend big - not that they spend big and can justify it.

Yes sure Chelsea and City spend big. But they don't go round telling anyone who will listen otherwise.

City are streets ahead and good to watch - Liverpool are artificially a close second due to a whole run of dubious penalties and VAR claims - for instance the 3 points they gained v us earlier in the season with a Salah penalty  - without that they would 5 points adrift now - and thats only 1 game.

They wouldn't be in the FA cup final without a string a favourable decisions v forest  again just one game 

The biggest VAR **** ups have been in City’s favour this season. A stone wall handball not given to Everton and then a really soft pen given to City against Wolves. I think both were deciding goals in wins. 

I agree that the Salah pen against us earlier in the season was soft! 

Martinez

Nakamba

Watkins

We will get trashed as the left wide player needs to run at TAA and not let him relax or he will take us apart 

Was probably a game for Bailey in that role. Even defensively it might be better to start Young than Coutinho