vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

Just now, DCJonah said:

Remember when people argued Bailey had no pace left. 

Not many people said he had none left.  People were concerned his injury had taken it and he hadn't demonstrated anything like his top speed since coming back from it. There was a concern he'd lost it.  Thankfully, looks like he hasn't and fingers crossed he doesn't get injured.  These pitches really take it out of your hamstrings. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Remember that run of games of Coutinho doing absolutely nothing, finally being rested for Buendia to come in and be MotM, then walking straight back into the team for the next game? :( 

Just hope it was us getting to convince Coutinho to join and that he wouldn't repeat it next season

I'm really not sure we should still be making these many changes at this stage of pre season. 

Need to be a getting towards a more settled team now. Arrange another game for some of the more peripheral players. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

To me it looks like Watkin drifts wide and central. Buendia is staying central and Bailey is playing like a right winger. 

Fair, I think the important distinction is the central player is a 10 or ‘false 9’ so it’s a change of position as opposed to being on the right of a typical front three where the central player is Watkins

Edited by a m ole

Bailey 😎

No coincidence that we’ve been much better with the changes we’ve made. Buendia & Luiz help so much.

Never want to see that first half lineup again. 

Please be the end of Watkins & Ings…only weakens the midfield further, that is usually the area we need to address.

• Like 1

So erm...

--------------------------Olsen---------------------

Kesler---Konsa---Chambers---Young

---------------Luiz------Sanson---------------

Bailey---------Buendia----------------------

--------------------Archer------------------------

And someone else?

Â