Coutinho: Sign or Decline?

maqroll

Coutinho: Sign or Decline?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Coutinho: Sign or Decline?

• Sign
    • Decline

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/22 at 18:34

In Before The Lock.

Sign, we either need to back Gerrard or not. He wants him and he's our most talented player when he hits his form. Also, if he's willing to come, we need an attacking player and we'd have a bit of a PR hit not to take him, it makes sense.

But I share everyone else's concerns about it. Buendia in particular I'm worried we'll never see the best of or enough of because of this. If we didn't sign him, I'd completely understand it and support it.

But Gerrard is going to want Coutinho and we may aswell back him properly whilst he's here I reluctantly suppose

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Sign.

If we want to mix it with the big boys we need big boy players and pay big boy wages. 

Decline and you are confirming that we are happy to be also rans. 

If the money is better spent elsewhere then it should be. There’s other players who would be statement signings that would be far more effective in my opinion.

Largely agree with what Danny Murphy said the other day on MOTD. He hasn't been great recently but shown enough in other games for us to sign him. Hopefully though Gerrard has a long term plan to fit him and Buendia back in same 11.

Also wouldn't give him more than 3 years. I think two years to get us back in europe and then if he wants to go play in MLS or back in Brazil then that probably suits all parties.

He's a great player but I feel that by the time we have the players around him that can play the game at his level we will be a couple of seasons down the line and his talents will be waning.

He is the like the cherry on the cake but at the moment the cake has a soggy bottom, a dense middle and a sagging top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, picicata said:

He's a great player but I feel that by the time we have the players around him that can play the game at his level we will be a couple of seasons down the line and his talents will be waning.

He is the like the cherry on the cake but at the moment the cake has a soggy bottom, a dense middle and a sagging top.

Sounded like you were describing my wife for a minute there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, picicata said:

Leave my Mrs out of it

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sounded like you were describing my wife for a minute there. 

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Leave my Mrs out of it

Are you both married to the same person? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, picicata said:

Are you both married to the same person? 🤣

@Follyfoot and @Delphinho123 are married to one another 

In response to the poll, sign, but not at the expense of the players that are also needed to help him thrive. Although, I have to say I’ve been tending towards not signing him more and more lately. 

Edited by sparrow1988

We need someone to elevate the profile of the club and he is a massive global star. On paper he's easily our best player. If we can sign him early on and manage him well during the off season and give him a good preseason we should see an improvement in his performances.

• Like 1

Â