Coutinho: Sign or Decline?

maqroll

Coutinho: Sign or Decline?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Coutinho: Sign or Decline?

• Sign
    • Decline

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/22 at 18:34

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

My Old Man Said blog

yeah we have some background in this 

200.gif

That was just the worst thing ever. A massive self-own.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

200.gif

That was just the worst thing ever. A massive self-own.

Yeah having Ciaran Clark on any promotional material to do with any club is just an unforgiveable error

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

Yeah having Ciaran Clark on any promotional material to do with any club is just an unforgiveable error

It might have been what convinced him to move on, so not all bad actually 🤔:P 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't see the need for any swear words, let alone 2. Really ruins the song. 

the thing that ruins it for me is that his name is pronounced two different ways in the space of two lines

Edited by abdomlahor

Sign.

I see all the pro's and con's, but for me if we don't, it seems like a step backwards.

I have modest confidence in our recruitment, so I just don't envisage them bringing in another player with his talent, if we didn't sign him.

Most forwards we are capable of signing, will juggle with consistency, until we strengthen midfield....I think a resillient and robust midfield/defence, will help with that.....Phil can change games, but pressing is not his bag, we need others to do that.

I just can't see past, not signing him, as a move forward.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

My Old Man Said blog

yeah we have some background in this 

Scott Sinclair knows. Gabby telling him to shut it and Grealish readying himself to get pulled off by Gabby. He’s even hanging that way. 

I should get back to work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Condimentalist said:

I lean towards sign - but hope there's a plan for Bunedia too.

With a full pre season I'm hoping for more consistent performances and on his day he's a match winner and best player. 

I hope we can incorporate them both and believe we will.

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Sign.

If we want to mix it with the big boys we need big boy players and pay big boy wages. 

Decline and you are confirming that we are happy to be also rans. 

Not happy to be an also ran but would have to see him do more between now and the end of the season. He's had a few flashes of brilliance but predominantly been average, especially lately.

If we didn't sign him I wouldn't be happy unless we sign a big name instead though. If he's the only star we can get, then maybe it's a case of so be it. 

2 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

I lean towards sign - but hope there's a plan for Bunedia too.

With a full pre season I'm hoping for more consistent performances and on his day he's a match winner and best player. 

I don't see an and or either, with Phil and Emi.....I think we still have our heads in the championship ,when it comes to team selection, if we think it is one or the other.

Even if they can't play together, we still need both.....as with Ollie and Danny.

We have :

• An Arduous league campaign with 38 games...and all the trials and tribulations that brings
  • We have 2 domestic cups....to contend with.
  • We could, if we do well get in to Europe, next season.

Rotation will be the norm, not the exception.....and winning will, make it much more acceptable to be left out....players naturally get the hump, being left out of a team losing as many as it wins....that has to change and attitudes will change accordingly...like night follows day.

The squad, has to be stronger, with competition for places and the unpredictables like injuries and suspensions etc...covered.

We have to move away from this first 11 mentality, and move in to competition territory and fighting for the shirt....We cannot continue with this passive view of first 11, they have to earn it.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Scott Sinclair knows. Gabby telling him to shut it and Grealish readying himself to get pulled off by Gabby. He’s even hanging that way. 

I should get back to work.

Benteke "beam me up and get me out of here"
Delph "I have no idea what I am doing"

• Haha 1

Â