Pre Match Thread

maqroll

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or he's not fully fit as he's been out a large chunk of the season?

Or is that too straightforward?

Any stick and all that…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or he's not fully fit as he's been out a large chunk of the season?

Or is that too straightforward?

or he is? Have been on the bench many times now so he have fitness.

Given the  bad luck with injuries this season probably doesn’t want to risk Nakamba, Buendia starts so Im guesses plenty are happy about that? Or is it better to just focus on the negatives and moan that Sanson isn’t playing?

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Given the  bad luck with injuries this season probably doesn’t want to risk Nakamba, Buendia starts so Im guesses plenty are happy about that? Or is it better to just focus on the negatives and moan that Sanson isn’t playing?

The latter.

• Like 1

Happy to see Buendia start and Chambers as a holding midfielder could be interesting. Come on villa. For all that Everton going down is funny I want us to clearing in the woods these guys. Twice 

I'm not seeing the desire for Nakamba to be starting games - I'd start Iroegbunam over him every time and I don't think it's massively unfair that Iroegbunam is on the bench.

The Beeb have us down as three at the back, nt sure if that counts for anything.

As a three at the back system, this looks balanced and workable - we can sit and counter and we can keep the ball.

With Chambers in midfield it looks frankly a bit silly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I hope Chambers isn't playing DM - we've got three better options in that position.

I quite like the look of us as a 3-4-1-2.

Have we? We've been calling it out as a big weakness for ages. You'd imagine Nakamba is a better option, but we don't know if he's match sharp, and it seems a good opportunity to see if Chambers can do the job. If that's where he's playing, I like it.

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Interesting team, not sure what to make of it. Guessing Chambers is playing as a DM, or at least I hope, as 5 at the back is very negative. 

With the right personnel it's not negative and it's not 5 at the back, see Chelsea and Spurs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Have we? We've been calling it out as a big weakness for ages. You'd imagine Nakamba is a better option, but we don't know if he's match sharp, and it seems a good opportunity to see if Chambers can do the job. If that's where he's playing, I like it.

In my opinion, Luiz is our best number six, for me Iroegbunam is better than Nakamba - and all three are better in midfield than Chambers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Could it be three at the back?

---------------------------Martinez----------------------------

-------Chambers-----Konsa-------Mings-------------

Cash---------McGinn----------Luiz-------------Digne

----------------------------Buendia----------------------------

----------------Watkins------------Ings----------------------

I like this team. 

If we don't want wingers then 3 at the back at least gives us proper width. 

Bit strange to switch at this point in the season though.