Pre Match Thread

maqroll

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Before the excuses set in. Not one Burnley player would get in the Villa team probably not even the squad. Yes they are fighting for their lives but so are we and if we dont win then is serious issues

A performance like last week and we will lose

Not sure I agree with this part.

The reality is Burnley have played 17 games at home in the premier league and not been beaten in 11 of them (so approx two thirds of their home games they haven't lost).

It should be a tough game against a team in form. If we get a point it will be OK IMO - obviously hope we win though.

We also have a terrible away record at Burnley!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well we should be hence our poor performances

We should be playing better (although 4 points from our last 2 games is decent), but not because we're in serious danger of relegation, because we're not.

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Before the excuses set in. Not one Burnley player would get in the Villa team probably not even the squad. Yes they are fighting for their lives but so are we and if we dont win then is serious issues

Sack the manager.

Just now, 7392craig said:

They’re attacking more for sure.

Nice, so should be more gaps to exploit for us if they are less compact and deep.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Nice, so should be more gaps to exploit for us if they are less compact and deep.

Definitely, they aren’t the same team as under Dyche. If we play to our strengths then we should have too much for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dislike this analogy.

How many Arsenal players get in our team? Truthfully.

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Crazy that was 28 years ago!

Come on Villa - at least a point needed today. UTV!

I've got one of those tucked away somewhere. 

Beat Liverpool too. A fitting spectacle for the end of The Holte. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Wrong.

Not if you look at performances this season.

Guess it could look different under different managers and systems.

Just now, sne said:

Not if you look at performances this season.

Guess it could look different under different managers and systems.

Shows what a job Arteta has done there this season in all honesty and how bad we have been. The fact there is a 23-point gap between us is hard to take. 

Personally I think Spuds have much better players than Arse in most positions but will probably finish behind them in 5th. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Shows what a job Arteta has done there this season in all honesty and how bad we have been. The fact there is a 23-point gap between us is hard to take. 

Personally I think Spuds have much better players than Arse in most positions but will probably finish behind them in 5th. 

Spurs best players are a level above the best Arsenal players for sure. Kane and Son (and Kulusevski on current form) are ace.

• Like 1