Pre Match Thread

maqroll

We could easily switch from 3-4-1-2 to a 4-3-1-2 with Chambers stepping up or dropping back between defence and midfield. 

Interesting selection and just hope the inclusion of Chambers allows McGinn and Douglas Luis more freedom. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Where the hell is the creativity coming from? Ings and watkins doesn't work and only emi can create anything. A negative team big defeat coming i think 

uhhhh. Emi ?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Where the hell is the creativity coming from? Ings and watkins doesn't work and only emi can create anything. A negative team big defeat coming i think 

I know that assist from Ings to Watkins didn’t work at all. Didn’t even result in a goal terrible…….

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Cornet isn't playing he's on the bench. But still think we will be playing our usual formation with Chambers as DM. Basically it's a way of keeping Chambers in the team, and not leaving out Konsa, for all the criticism Konsa has had recently he's still been one of our best players since returning to to Premier League, so can understand not wanting to leave him out too much, kept a clean sheet the last time he started.

Konsa was great last season but this season has been sub par and though he played against Leicester and kept a clean sheet he looked very ropey especially on the ball.

Hopefully we see a better performance from him today. 

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I know that assist from Ings to Watkins didn’t work at all. Didn’t even result in a goal terrible…….

Yeah that proves it works. One out of how many?

Let's see today im not optimistic 

Just now, Tommo_b said:

SG been reading this forum, dropping Phil is a big surprise for me, the guy can make something out of nothing even during a bad game. 

Part of me suspects he’s saving him for Liverpool midweek and giving Buendia a deserved run 

27 minutes ago, bose said:

Weird to see Chambers in midfield and Nakamba on the bench. Good too see Coutinho rested. Excited.

It's clear that SG is experimenting at this point, and I'm happy to see it...

The result depends heavily on the ref and how we react to the first heavy challenge, we need to start pressuring the officials into giving us more protection. When a faul is committed we need to stay down get the medical team on and Ming's needs to have a chat with the ref and Gerrard has to be all over the off field officals like a rash.

Watching Real Madrid and Villarreal playing the officals shows us how the dark arts of the game can influence results. 

Lineup makes sense to me, looking to combat their physical approach. I didn’t think this was a game for Coutinho to start, Chambers will add a bit of muscle and height in the middle, Buendia is more up for a fight so all good for me.

• Like 1