Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Your player of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/22 at 23:00

That immediate burst of pace when Ing's came on is what gave us the goal. I have said many times on here, when we play at pace, which we can do, we look unplayable. Why we don't play this way, I do not know, maybe Gerrard thinks we can keep it up. The way we are playing lately, even though we got the win today, just looks laboured, slow and without the work rate we need to get us to the dizzy heights of midtable.

You don't have to have the skill of Man City or Liverplop to play the game with a bit of pace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I wouldn't give a stinky shit how "crap" we were if we won 2-0 every week.

Fans moan when we lose

Fans moan when we win

• Like 1

We deserved the win but it was a laboured performance again, no real intensity to press except for Watkins (who I marked as MotM based largely on his willingness to run and press despite again being a thorn in the side of many of our attacks), Coutinho looked off the boil again, McGinn was largely anonymous, Iroegbanum struggled a bit but grew into the game, put some good tackles in.

Overall just a bit meh again, a better team probably would have beaten us, Norwich are way off the required levels for this division. Sad that Deano had to suffer the ignominy of getting relegated at VP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Brilliant match, loads of chances, 2 great goals.  Well done Villa.

This. Not much more you can ask for.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

That immediate burst of pace when Ing's came on is what gave us the goal. I have said many times on here, when we play at pace, which we can do, we look unplayable. Why we don't play this way, I do not know, maybe Gerrard thinks we can keep it up. The way we are playing lately, even though we got the win today, just looks laboured, slow and without the work rate we need to get us to the dizzy heights of midtable.

You don't have to have the skill of Man City or Liverplop to play the game with a bit of pace.

The issue is that pace is only useful if used cleverly/properly.

I don't think we have the speed of thought for that pace to work.

Plenty of times Coutinho gets the ball and you can see he wants to move it quickly, but the movement isn't there. 

Or, other players take too long to control and get their head up that the opposition get back into position. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Doesn't paper over the fact that if we could finish we should have scored about 5 either

Screenshot_20220430-190741_Chrome-min.jpg

We did have some decent sequences of football as well.

Come on, mate, they beat us on corner kicks!! 

• Haha 2

The main reason why we give the ball away is that our main way of attacking is very direct. Villa progress the ball faster up the pitch than almost every other team, and playing with high risk and a lot of one-touch passes (sometimes on a level the players can’t control) often leads to losing possession and having to start over.

Â