Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Your player of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/22 at 23:00

I know it can be hard to accept some unfiltered sunlight, but I'm going to go ahead and let the brightness in this weekend. What a nice way to go into May ... I may even let myself go a bit and entertain a flicker of hope for Europe in 2023. #UTV!

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Was a really poor game, against a side not good enough for this division. Hard to know what to take away from it.

We (again) looked better in attack with two strikers and one ten. A fairly competent performance from our defence, although it’s not as if Norwich didn’t have any chances.

Coutinho doesn’t look interested. Ings and Buendia both good when they came on.

Iroegbunam still a work in progress. I liked his willingness to get stuck in… good physicality for his age, but think Luiz is a much better all round player at this stage.

• Like 1

Pretty murky stuff on the whole, first half in particular. 

Bailey is Traore 2.0. There is clearly a serviceable player there, but he appears to be a bit dainty. We need battlers. Not sure if he's cut out for the rough and tumble Premier League. His injury almost looked exaggerated.

Buendia is a live wire, and fun to watch. I want to have fun watching him. 

Important two points, another clean sheet, both strikers with goals. 

But the overall performance level would have been exploited by better sides.

• Like 1

You can only beat what’s in front of you - a controlled comfortable game in the end. A win is still a win and will do Ings and Ollie a world of good to get on the scoresheet. Great to see Chambers back and so happy for young Tim. 

• Like 2

A satisfactory result against a side who frankly don’t take much beating.

Two very good goals - Bailey unlucky not to get an excellent strike as well.

Further confirmation for me that somewhere in there is an effective attacking line that contains both Watkins and Ings. Not sure why it is proving so hard to bring it together.

Good to see a creditable start for Tim Iroegbunam.

Not quite sure why we picked up so many bookings.

30 points from 22 games for Gerrard now. He has done the first bit of his job to pull us away from threat of relegation. He still has a bit of distance to travel to make us any sort of contenders.

• Like 2

Well I am happy :) 2 nil and it probably should have been more. Bailey's crossbar hit was a good sign at least.

Delighted to see Watkins and Ings playing again together and both scoring.

I saw lots of positives in a disjointed performance but that had something to do with Norwich who kept pushing.

Its all sunshine and rainbows for me. Safe and with a few more games to go while looking forward to an exciting summer window. 

Good luck Deano.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, robby b said:

The magic 40 points with five games left still... at least that's a much better scenario than the same stage of our first season back in the PL.

Says a lot for a team that cost hundreds of millions to construct. 

• Like 2

Â