Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Your player of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/22 at 23:00

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

The football is just so shit. Can’t break down any team, including the worst one in the league. I just don’t get what the plan is. Pass it around a bit, get it to the front three when they’re under a ton of pressure and inevitably lost the ball. I can have patience with the likes of Countinho as I just don’t get what they’re meant to do. The build up play is so turgid and we recycle so slowly that we allow the defence to get back and then we attack with zero cutting edge. Just tedious and shite to watch. 

We created a bucket load today. Let down by poor finishing or Norwich throwing their bodies on the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Norwich have players significantly worse than ours. We should win comfortably. Not sure it was comfortable.

Buendia is generally better than Coutinho. Does Stevie have a world class Deep Lying play maker amongst his mates? 

Bit dull and average for far too long .. we looked  infinitely better when Coutinho went off , still think Beundia can do that role and save us £30m 

Young Tim looks a prospect , not phased at all and very strong 

I’ll be amazed if Bailey is here next season … though that said I’d be amazed if anyone buys him off us 

Safe now let’s see a few more of the youngsters over the next 4 games 

• Like 1

We played good football, we should have scored more, Ings was excellent, Bailey looked to be finally playing himself into form and typically got injured, Coutinho couldn’t have done more and one of the chances he created should have resulted in a goal, Tim grew into the game and had a good debut, Buendia looked good when he came on but also frustrated (understandably) overall lots of positives to take from this game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Norwich have players significantly worse than ours. We should win comfortably. Not sure it was comfortable.

Buendia is generally better than Coutinho. Does Stevie have a world class Deep Lying play maker amongst his mates? 

I believe he's on the blower to Xavi Alonso as we speak.

Wow I only watched from 2nd half onwards but we absolutely dominated the game and we're the far better team, good passages of play and good passing it's just that final ball seems to allude us, everyone was guilty of it but it's promising. No idea what the first half was like. Norwich didnt look like they were going to score, was totally comfortable even when they had possession.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Admittedly I didn't watch the game but it didn't sound like we were THAT bad and at the end of the day a 2-0 win is a 2-0 win.

We were fine, don’t listen to the negative Nancy’s.

We won, clean sheet and 21 shots. 

• Like 1

That second half was hard to watch. We can’t press with any intent our players look like they’re blowing after 60 minutes. Just constantly gave Norwich the ball back it’s a good job they’re terrible. We play like a side that’s just had a game in Europe on Thursday night

A poor performance despite the win, after each game you do wonder what on Earth Gerrard is trying to implement here and still am far from convinced in his managerial credentials. We were lucky to be playing a side as poor as Norwich today because if we'd gifted those chances to a better team we'd have lost that game.

The one positive is we actually won a game of football. Ings MOTM as he changed the game when he came on but Buendia again looked good and you wonder when he's going to get a start. Iroegbunam did well on his first start, a bit sloppy in possession at times but he looks very good off the ball. 

I just hope we can end the season with at least 3 more wins but the performance today doesn't suggest we will. 

3 minutes ago, jim said:

We created a bucket load today. Let down by poor finishing or Norwich throwing their bodies on the line.

In the whole of the 90 mins I think I seen only one really good bit of football with 5-6 passes. 

Â