Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

On 29/06/2022 at 10:22, WallisFrizz said:

It’s obviously good for the club and good for those with season tickets but a bit depressing for other fans who will struggle to get tickets for a couple of seasons from 23/24 onwards. I  predict loads of smug ‘better fans’ on social media during those times.

Maybe we could hire out Walsall ground when if they are playing away and put a couple of big screens on the pitch in   a closed circuit sort of way. 

Probably not workable with the tv rights but just a thought.

Edited by The Fun Factory

On 05/07/2022 at 14:45, mrchnry said:

ooo, interesting.   I thought they had sold out the 30,000 season tickets in the first 3 tranches, but they seem to be doing it slowly bit by bit.

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

ooo, interesting.   I thought they had sold out the 30,000 season tickets in the first 3 tranches, but they seem to be doing it slowly bit by bit.

I thought I'd read there were around 1500 available (the 5% not renewing) and they were being offered in tranches of 500 from the top of the waiting list.

After discounting those with a change in mind and/or circumstances, I assume it's likely to take 4 or 5 tranches before being sold out.

21 minutes ago, brommy said:

I thought I'd read there were around 1500 available (the 5% not renewing) and they were being offered in tranches of 500 from the top of the waiting list.

After discounting those with a change in mind and/or circumstances, I assume it's likely to take 4 or 5 tranches before being sold out.

Oh yeah, if each tranche was only 500 at a time, then it will take a while to sell them all.   

Weird though, you'd expect the first tranche to offer all 1500 available tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Oh yeah, if each tranche was only 500 at a time, then it will take a while to sell them all.   

Weird though, you'd expect the first tranche to offer all 1500 available tickets.

Fortunately Villa ticketing has much improved from the grumpy Ray Fairfax years of the 80s and early 90s, so I trust they'll be a logical reason, possibly linked to fairness, for the tranche method of moving through the top of the waiting list.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but all 4 of our first 4 home games have had the date of game or kick off time moved. What's the prediction for number of 3pm Saturday games this season, about five? There should be a minimum of Sat 3pm games in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

I'm not sure what I was expecting but all 4 of our first 4 home games have had the date of game or kick off time moved. What's the prediction for number of 3pm Saturday games this season, about five? There should be a minimum of Sat 3pm games in my opinion.

Don’t mind the Friday and Saturday evening games.  Don’t even mind the Sunday 2pm. 

Saturday 12:30 stinks. 

They aren't being offered in tranches of 500.

Villa said they'll be offered in a volume similar to the number of tickets that are left, and be offered on a first come first served basis.

This suggests they'll offer slightly more than are available for each tranche, and then if everyone takes it up they'll have to say "sorry, too late" to a few.

Chances are, there are a lot on the front of the waiting list that joined it over 3 years ago, and, whose lives will have no doubt changed in the interim. Not to mention massively in the last few months thanks to energy costs, mega inflation, and wage stagnation.

I suspect they'll get to tranche 5 or 6 before they're sold out. The fact they've already hit 4 suggests to me quite a few aren't taking up the option,  which is pretty sad if so. Had prices not skyrocketed, and season ticket prices not jumped over inflation rates, I'm sure they'd all get snapped up in tranche 1 given where we are as a club.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Which suggests that the waiting list should be taken with a large pinch of salt. If we had 25,000 people who genuinely wanted a season ticket they would have sold out by now. 

Not really. I was 7,000th on the waiting list at the end of last summer, and they haven't got anywhere close to offering me a chance yet.

Out of the 25,000+ on the waiting list, i'd expect a take-up of around 80%.

That's obviously my gut instict based on the various people i know who are on the waiting list (of which 100% will take up the season ticket if offered).

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Which suggests that the waiting list should be taken with a large pinch of salt. If we had 25,000 people who genuinely wanted a season ticket they would have sold out by now. 

Yesterday they've been offered to another 500 from the list - that's on top of the 1,500 that had already had the opportunity. 

There are 25,000 people on the list who won't have been offered the chance to buy a season ticket yet.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Not really. I was 7,000th on the waiting list at the end of last summer, and they haven't got anywhere close to offering me a chance yet.

Out of the 25,000+ on the waiting list, i'd expect a take-up of around 80%.

That's obviously my gut instict based on the various people i know who are on the waiting list (of which 100% will take up the season ticket if offered).

I’m was around the 7000 mark a couple of months ago, don’t expect to hear anything so will remain a member but I’d definitely take up the option if I had the chance. Most people on the list will take the option unless they can no longer afford it or whatever. I very much doubt they make their way past the first 4000.

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m was around the 7000 mark a couple of months ago, don’t expect to hear anything so will remain a member but I’d definitely take up the option if I had the chance. Most people on the list will take the option unless they can no longer afford it or whatever. I very much doubt they make their way past the first 4000.

How do you know where you are on list?

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I emailed the ticket office and they got back to me pretty quick. It was in the Q and A the club did re season ticket renewals a couple of months ago. Someone asked if there was a way of finding out your position and they said to email in.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh but they have since tweeted that they’re not giving out that info whilst tickets are on sale. Too busy and ever changing info presumably.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, turvontour said:

Good. Getting out of Aston at 5pm on a Saturday has been an absolute disgrace ever since we started selling out again.

15 hours ago, MrBlack said:

They aren't being offered in tranches of 500.

Villa said they'll be offered in a volume similar to the number of tickets that are left, and be offered on a first come first served basis.

This suggests they'll offer slightly more than are available for each tranche, and then if everyone takes it up they'll have to say "sorry, too late" to a few.

Chances are, there are a lot on the front of the waiting list that joined it over 3 years ago, and, whose lives will have no doubt changed in the interim. Not to mention massively in the last few months thanks to energy costs, mega inflation, and wage stagnation.

I suspect they'll get to tranche 5 or 6 before they're sold out. The fact they've already hit 4 suggests to me quite a few aren't taking up the option,  which is pretty sad if so. Had prices not skyrocketed, and season ticket prices not jumped over inflation rates, I'm sure they'd all get snapped up in tranche 1 given where we are as a club.

I don’t know anything other than what’s on the official website, but it suggests the number of tickets were ringfenced separately for each tranche - otherwise they’d have stated more clearly that the second and third tranches were subject to availability only, and nowhere does it say it’s first come first served for the first tranche only.

The point about the volume of tickets matching the number of invited fans is that if your name gets called up you’re guaranteed a seat if you take up the offer, not that all the tickets are being offered immediately to the first tranche. 

I assume each tranche initially was set out at a fixed number, and then any unsold tickets from the first tranche were rolled into the second tranche, and then into the third, and any residual ones from that rolled into an extra 4th sales window. On the AVFC Support Twitter it says tickets in this 4th group are subject to availability only which suggests they’re expecting to sell them all and they’ve slightly oversubscribed the numbers.

3 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I don’t know anything other than what’s on the official website, but it suggests the number of tickets were ringfenced separately for each tranche - otherwise they’d have stated more clearly that the second and third tranches were subject to availability only, and nowhere does it say it’s first come first served for the first tranche only.

The point about the volume of tickets matching the number of invited fans is that if your name gets called up you’re guaranteed a seat if you take up the offer, not that all the tickets are being offered immediately to the first tranche. 

I assume each tranche initially was set out at a fixed number, and then any unsold tickets from the first tranche were rolled into the second tranche, and then into the third, and any residual ones from that rolled into an extra 4th sales window. On the AVFC Support Twitter it says tickets in this 4th group are subject to availability only which suggests they’re expecting to sell them all and they’ve slightly oversubscribed the numbers.

You may well be right,  but this statement from them is hugely ambiguous:

Supporters will not be prioritised within each tranche, but the number of season tickets available will approximately correlate to the number of fans invited to purchase.

I assume then, that the limited release by tranche is to give their limited call staff chance to handle the demand.

Seems a bit arbitrary to split it by 500 per tranche. You get a better choice of seat for just so happening to be at the top of the waiting list in a given season. You end up being at the end of the offering and get a limited choice of seats that don't match what you're after. Wonder if you can reserve the right to get a better choice the following year, as a one off?

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

You may well be right,  but this statement from them is hugely ambiguous:

I assume then, that the limited release by tranche is to give their limited call staff chance to handle the demand.

Seems a bit arbitrary to split it by 500 per tranche. You get a better choice of seat for just so happening to be at the top of the waiting list in a given season. You end up being at the end of the offering and get a limited choice of seats that don't match what you're after. Wonder if you can reserve the right to get a better choice the following year, as a one off?

Well just to add a different dynamic, if I remember rightly you had to preference the stand you wanted to sit in so I’m not sure if that makes a difference in how they offer them out either.

• Like 1