Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Now do wolves... 

It won't be too far off, this £300m spent in the context of the league is not more than everyone else and definitely not in the context of our promotion team 

They need to spend more, a lot more 

If your players don't do the basics right were entitled to be pissed off 👍

• Like 2

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

One slip from him and you want to drag him off?

Whole team has been woeful and SG hasn't a clue

He was a fool to get himself in that position in the first place. You don't try to dribble past players if you've got acres of the pitch behind you. There was nothing to be gained and everything to be lost from that attempt at dribbling past them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Definitely more than Wolves. But people keep telling me we have no right to be beating them or finishing above them.

Some on here p*as me right off.

Lazy take here. Are you just ignoring their championship spending, stabilising in the league two years before us. They finished 7th two years in a row before last season, are you just choosing to ignore that 

• Like 3

Ramsey, the player should has needed dropping for the last 4 games, doing nothing.

Mcginn the player who makes the same repeatedly poor decisions in every game, gets caught out passing about and they score

Players ( only on our team) slipping over and losing the ball under minimal pressure

Fking around doing 1cm passes towards their penalty area despite wolves having 8 players around the 2 players messing around

I could go on with the dire antics

Mcginn off

Ramsey either moves central or off after 15 minutes

Konsa has looked a liability and for unknown reasons walked straight back into the team over Chambers

Bailey is doing a traore to cash, overlap ? I will not use it and instead overplay the ball until I lose it.

We are yet again playing ineffective football.

Tippy tippy crap towards their goal when totally outnumbered ? Slowing the pmay down and passing it backwards ? 

Why bother having Bailey on if we continue these crap tactics ? He is a passenger as the ball won't get to him quickly.

Big phil has been ineffective today so far and trying to force everything through him is a huge mistake as they crowd him out.

Sort your crap out Gerrard, 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Go to page 1 of his thread. Not much enthusiasm for him from the off.

It was doomed from the start. Only question is how much time and money we squander on this project.

I know you hate him, but no it could just as well been a great fit and still could be. it's only been a few months.

I don't see how you can have your mind made up as firmly as you do with the sample size we have. I can only assume you're psychic or composed entirely of anti-humbleolium particles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AV82 said:

Douglas on for McGinn at HT.

Yeah, sanson been about our best player and Ramsey can score so would be mcginn off for me.

Poss buendia for bailey too, get him to drop deeper than bailey and help link it up

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

I would have preferred to keep him as well personally, but if he didn't want to then I'm not so sure that's a good idea either.

Long term, absolutely. For the second half of the season I think he should've been made to stay. Sell him in the summer and sign a backup or younger player to challenge Digne. It's what we'll end up doing anyway but a bad decision to move him on early

• Like 1

Just now, Rossi said:

If your players don't do the basics right were entitled to be pissed off 👍

Of course

But the notion that we've spent a ton of money so should be better than just a poor inconsistent mid table team with nothing to play for going through the motions for me personally is wrong 

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

This game is nothing to do with the manager, ridiculous to say anything but.

We could be 2 goals up now if the wolves players kept slipping over and scored an own goal and everyone would be praising him.

Its a close game if you ignore the 2 bits of luck. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not happy but at least don't put the blame on the wrong person

They look like scoring every time there’s a turnover of possession in their own half.  We are mentally shot, hopefully can reset at HT.

1 minute ago, WooJung said:

He was a fool to get himself in that position in the first place. You don't try to dribble past players if you've got acres of the pitch behind you. There was nothing to be gained and everything to be lost from that attempt at dribbling past them.

He does that 3 times every game. That's his move.

It often opens up play.

Sometimes backfires badly.