Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I **** detest West Ham, we are just shite against them every time

Even the game where we stayed up, they scored with a shitey deflection

My old boss was a massive Hammers fan. He's spent so much time lording it over the Villa fans in the office, always wears his claret blue shirt and tie combo. 

Just glad he's retired now. 

They've become such a bogey side for us. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've not been far off them, we've just lacked some composure and belief on the ball - when we've done what we're good at we're the better side, but we've abandoned that too quickly and too often.

Yeah some better decisions and who knows. Certainly not outclassed.

• Like 1

What pisses me off is we've lost again to West Ham and they are massively under strength with Antonio and Creswell going off and no Bowen. They've still battered us.

Some good results recently but yet again when we come up against a half decent team (and that's all West Ham are) we've been well beaten.

Have to do much better against Arsenal next week. We can't keep losing again.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

We have certainly not been the better side.  We dont deserve anything.  A really poor 2nd half

He said when we’ve done what we’re good at we’ve been better, but we abandoned it too quickly.

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

All I will say is there is a reason you have a squad and it’s not just to cover injuries

Sanson left out yet again. Unbelievable. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Their low block made it very difficult for us. On balance they've been better too. We've been very narrow and it was all quite easy for them. 

They are a few years ahead of us in their development. 

Just now, pregra said:

If there is one thing we need in the summer, it is a striker that actually know how to control a football. Watkins is where attacks come to die 9 out of 10 times, he is horrible. 

I’m afraid this is true. Every time he gets the ball I know the attack has a strong chance of breaking down. He has a lot of good traits but he is so wasteful in possession and really lacks that quality at this level. 

He offers a lot, but lacks that quality touch and vision to be a top striker.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

We have certainly not been the better side.  We dont deserve anything.  A really poor 2nd half

We had the better of the first fifteen minutes of this half - then when Creswell went off, for reason I cannot understand at all, we sat deep and started launching long balls at Watkins instead of playing football.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

So it wasn’t a foul on Bailey?

I mean what is the point of VAR def a foul on Bailey?

we have struggled with the physical side against West Ham and hasn’t helped the ref has let at least 8 go.