Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

What has changed that Villa is suddenly a better prospect than Leeds

Bags of cash, we're willing to pay him an amount that is frankly obscene. We're throwing barrels of cash at it, and still look worse than teams assembled much more affordably. £60m **** pounds,

You're right though, if Phillips wasn't out for so long, Leeds finish above us this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

£60m is to much. Here is my prediction for the summer: 

We will lose another "best" player to a better team. Rinse and repeat

Who? There is not a single player in our starting 11 that would command a first team spot at any of the top 6. 

Our squad is wildly over estimated. 

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

What has changed that Villa is suddenly a better prospect than Leeds.

😂🤣 trolling at its finest. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Who? There is not a single player in our starting 11 that would command a first team spot at any of the top 6. 

Martinez is good enough for anyone in the league and barring Man City and Liverpool, I think any other club would be happy to have him - Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham, West Ham and Arsenal.

Probably no one else in the squad though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not quite true, our squad is far from great but Cash is way better than Emerson Royal and Wan Bissaka, probably better than Tomiyasu as well.

Martinez hasn’t been as good this season but is at least as good as Ramsdale and Lloris.

Watkins doesn’t score often but Lacazette scores even less.

When it comes to coaching however I believe we are definitely in the bottom 3.

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

What has changed that Villa is suddenly a better prospect than Leeds. He plays for England and the club he adores. Do people think the temptation is Gerrard?? This isn't Jack Gresford, this is someone who seems to genuinely care about his boyhood club and wants to improve it.

I dont agree with the last bit, I think that if a team playing in the champions league bid for him he would jump at the chance. It would be a weird move for him to us therefore given that we are midtable.

I think the only chance we had of trying to sign him was in the event that Leeds were relegated which is incredibly unlikely now. I hope we don't spend all sunmer chasing him whilst low balling offers that Leeds would never accept like ESR and JWP last summer. 

He would be an incredible signing for us but we're really not that much of a step up from Leeds. If we're even a step up at this point. 

34 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Watkins doesn’t score often but Lacazette scores even less.

When it comes to coaching however I believe we are definitely in the bottom 3.

Pathetic, absolute troll. 

Leeds squad is really poor made up mostly of championship level players, overall Bielsa had them playing way above their ability as a team, unless they spend a lot of money in the summer, which from what I've read from their fans is unlikey, I think it's probable that they will be in another relegation battle next season, whereas after another summer of big spending we will be expected to be serious challeners for Europe, so I think a move from them to us is a step up.

To be 🍯 if we're offering £60m then I think we would have a very good chance of signing him as don't think Leeds would turn that kind of money down as would help with the rebuilding job suggested above that they need.

I don't think he's worth anywhere near £60m but then again might be better to just spend the money on someone that's pretty much guaranteed to come in and do a job rather spend half that amount on someone that might do a job, we've done that quite a few times with other players who've been okay but inconsistent, but in the long run probably costs us more than if we had just paid more for guaranteed quality in the first place.

• Like 1

If we're in for him, we have as much chance of signing him as anyone outside of the traditional too 4, and Leeds would snap out hands off for 60m!

A ver good player who would improve us, but at 60m! What's the point of our scouting setup! I understood Coutinho and Digne, those deals made sense, but for 60m I'd expect one of the best players in serie A or la Liga who would improve us.

is he better than what we have in midfield? Yes I believe so, but not at that cost in which we could improve numerous areas of our first 11

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Martinez for a start. Harry Maguire wouldn't get in the Villa team. That Coutinho lad isnt bad

Cash is also better than Doherty, Wan Bissaka, Cedric

• Like 2

I read somewhere he's only on about 25k a week at Leeds. Amazed at that as surely would've had increase on promotion.

Whether he's going he's probably going to have biggest wage bump of any player, will command 200k + if he's going for 50-60m.

5 hours ago, av1 said:

Martinez. 

If you believe the cash to Athletico rumours that's a sign he isn't shit. 

Whilst Bissouma hasn’t been at his best recently he’d be a brilliant signing if we can get him for 35-40m . We should then try to sign Kamara of Marseille or Bissouma’s international teammate Mohamed Camara. 

Camara/Kamara

Bissouma                      Ramsey. 

That sends palpitations down the opposition midfields. I’d like to see Rice kick our midfield playing those 3. Ramsey is getting stronger too. 

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

No way should we sign Phillips for 60 million.

Fees alone you could have Kamara, Bissouma and Gravenberch for the same money.

Course you could but would they choose us?

At our level you have to pay over the odds for good players to deter stronger options.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Whilst Bissouma hasn’t been at his best recently he’d be a brilliant signing if we can get him for 35-40m . We should then try to sign Kamara of Marseille or Bissouma’s international teammate Mohamed Camara. 

Camara/Kamara

Bissouma                      Ramsey. 

That sends palpitations down the opposition midfields. I’d like to see Rice kick our midfield playing those 3. Ramsey is getting stronger too. 

Bissouma won't be going for 35-40m he only has one year left on his contract.

Â