• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Sanson (Ings 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 76)
    • Young (Luiz 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/22 at 00:00

37 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Is he saying not being stupid comes easy to Villa fans ?

Or am I being stupid ?  

We also have half of South America on the books yet we're not big enough for Phillips ?

Big enough for the 3rd most expensive player ever but not Phillips. Hmmm good one 

• Like 2

That was just really **** satisfying. I quite enjoy our newly developed rivalry with Leeds since our championship days but they have been very frustrating to play against in recent years. So to batter them in their own ground on the night their new manager has his first home game in charge…it was just lovely wasnt it? Great to see Patrick Spamford be ineffective and goalless against us too. Close the door on the way out, Leeds. 

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Funny how Brighton and Southampton on half decent runs were poor against us, then Leeds too. It’s very possible because we didn’t let them play.

To be fair I think we were excellent against Brighton and especially Southampton but leeds are really pathetic as a team. They have one mode of play which is run around more than your opposition  but when they have essentially a team of mid championship quality it only gets you so far. Roderigo is £30 million of garbage raphina clearly wants out asap, they seem to see Branford as a saviour which is a lol. I thought in October they might go this year and I really think they or Everton will go now. 

all that said about how poor Leeds are our performance was a really professional effort to a man seeing out the manic headless chicken running and taking control of the game. My only criticism is that I thought Leeds were really there for a hiding maybe 5/6 nil but i felt we eased off them a bit and just controlled seeing out the game which I guess with a game on Sunday is fair enough. 

last point, did anyone see Emi Martinez reaction when the final whistle went? Love that guy 

23 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Funny how Brighton and Southampton on half decent runs were poor against us, then Leeds too. It’s very possible because we didn’t let them play.

Brighton were on a bad run when we played them. Southampton were on a good run but just played very poor against us, might have been the midweek game caught up with them. 

We shouldn't get too down with losses like Watford or too high with wins over two sides who were very poor in Leeds/Southampton

• Like 1

Looking back, I honestly can’t remember Martinez having to make a decent save? The back four were magnificent. A real unit.

We’re a real threat going forward currently and it’s a joy to watch. My only criticism is we’re still a little sloppy in possession at times.

Ramsey could probably do with a rest on Sunday for Sanson, otherwise I would probably send out the same team if everyone is ok. 

Just a brilliant evening and nice to see out the last quarter of the game in a comfortable position.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Osirus said:

Best ever goal from an AVFC centre back? 

I know you've recanted. And I know everyone has said Cahill.

But can I just give a shout out for Kent Neilsen against Inter.
And the fact that he gobbed out a lake's worth of spit live on TV.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to say on a negative, the amazon commentary was so biased towards leeds it was absolutely ridiculous.  Completely one sided.

But the best thing about games on Amazon is that you're two clicks away from watching the game without commentary and just stadium noises. Infinitely better viewing experience. I only wish all channels had the option.

In fact, Amazon are so aware of how s**t commentators are that when I opened the stream again after half time they were reminding veiwers how to **** them off and just listen to the stadium.

gxrhbHKuUepZ.jpg

With it being their managers first home game I was expecting Leeds to be a lot better but they were terrible last night. Always thought even after their good season last year that the team was mainly championship quality players (apart from Phillips and Raphinha) but Bielsa was getting 120% out of the players similar to Chris Wilder in Sheff Utd first Prem season. They recruited Dan James in the summer but I don't think he improves the team much from last season.

Once the first goal went in, other than the start of the second half I wasn't too concerned that Villa were going to throw it away and I have felt comfortable in the last three games so Gerrard deserves a lot of credit for tweaking the system that wasn't working. The pass from Ings to Cash was sublime but that finish by Chambers was disgusting, it's his shirt to lose now. 

West Ham away will be a good game to see where we are at, feel like we owe them a win after the result at their place last season especially with the disallowed Watkins goal, hope he gets on the score sheet. 

• Like 3

Â