• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Sanson (Ings 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 76)
    • Young (Luiz 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/22 at 00:00

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I gave MOTM to McGinn, he wasn't a headless chicken tonight. He got involved when he needed to and what he needed to do he did very well. 

No bad perfomers really, we'd be sorted if we drew more games, 13 defeats is a lot. We are looking good though

I think I like that we win a lot though. Weve won two fewer games than man u, which is remarkable in mid March when we've sacked a manager and their battling in champions league spots. 

• Like 1

Been out all night and avoided the result. Just watched the highlights. Another great result, how was the performance?

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

haha same here, that video above is the first time I've seen it for ages, could have sworn it was on the half way line lol

Started his run from the car park and shot from the edge of our box. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

haha same here, that video above is the first time I've seen it for ages, could have sworn it was on the half way line lol

I was almost directly behind the line of his shot . I was shouting at him to put a cross in, could not believe it when he drew his foot back and let fly. When it went it it was amazing, given the distance and the importance of the game. Happy Days!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Joshie2000 said:

Yeah cahaill overhead against scum. Was better and in front of the holte 

I was on about the goal the scored against Stoke at The Britannia.

Completely forgot about the small heath one and I was stood right behind the goal.    I was probably too busy sketching it for my grandkids.

19 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

Yeah cahaill overhead against scum. Was better and in front of the holte 

Noted Joshie. It was a very good goal and showed the class of Cahill. What a tragedy we did not see the best of him in a Villa shirt.

Still has to be Chris Nicholl due to :

• It was a very good goal from anyone, never mind our stopper!
  • It was in a League Cup Final
  • At Old Trafford
  • He was (is) a great bloke who made the most of his talent.
  • You had to be there!

I rest my case 😀

ps, Cahill, Staunton ( still remember the rattle of the posts when it went in), Neilson, George Curtis. All great goals! 

UTV

Edited by Lochheads twin
typo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Noted Joshie. It was a very good goal and showed the class of Cahill. What a tragedy we did not see the best of him in a Villa shirt.

Still has to be Chris Nicholl due to :

• It was a very good goal from anyone, never mind our stopper!
  • It was in a League Cup Final
  • At Old Trafford
  • He was (is) a great bloke who made the most of his talent.
  • You had to be there!

I rest my case 😀

ps, Cahill, Staunton ( still remember the rattle of the posts when it went in), Neilson, George Curtis. All great goals! 

UTV

I met him a few years ago and I  said what a brilliant player he was and he said I must have a bad memory!

Great game tonight,so many good things.For me Ings had his best performance in a Villa shirt,Cash outstanding defending and going forward,Luiz rediscovering his lockdown form,Chambers brilliant signing,Mings, Digne etc

Coutinho is pushing Grealish to the title as 2 nd  most talented Villa player ever (just below Cowans)

• Like 1

Â