• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Sanson (Ings 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 76)
    • Young (Luiz 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/22 at 00:00

Is this the last of the Bezos nonsense for this season?

Following household 'discussion' over whether they could miss the last episode of some drama or other so that I could use the TV as a radio I ended up having to go for a drive to listen to the second half of this game because my car is the only other thing I have that's got a non-internet radio and I can't really afford the petrol.

Also, whoever broke H**goal can get in the sea with Jeff too.

• Like 1

Well the Villa roller-coaster continues. Less than 20 days ago we were all going to slash our wrists and jump overboard! 😀

Now we are savouring one of our most enjoyable  90 minute performances for a few years. If only the season was just starting!

We also seem to be relishing our new role as party-poopers at new managers home debuts. Both potentially tricky fixtures and both professionally despatched.

Delighted to see the manager stay with the man in the shirt after Chambers performance on Saturday. What a decision and handsomely rewarded. This shows the quality we have been adding to the squad. £100m worth of talent on the bench Buendia, Sanson, Bailey, Konsa & Traore. We are now able to bring on players who can do a job for us and offer options. Plus Ash & the kids to back them up.

Great performance by Cash last night, at both ends of the pitch. Can't see him going anywhere is he continues like that.

Shout out to the ref. I thought he tried to let the game go and both team got away with a few lightweight challenges that he could have penalised. He also demonstrated the value of having a big unit in the centre of the park by breaking up play when he blocked a couple of SJM passes.😂

Another amusing note was Ally McCoist's comparison of great Scottish botox. SJM to be in the company of Kenny Dalgleish is high praise indeed!

Sunday is a good test to see if our optimism is well-founded and which way the rollercoaster is travelling! Hopefully onwards & upwards!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is this the last of the Bezos nonsense for this season?

Following household 'discussion' over whether they could miss the last episode of some drama or other so that I could use the TV as a radio I ended up having to go for a drive to listen to the second half of this game because my car is the only other thing I have that's got a non-internet radio and I can't really afford the petrol.

Also, whoever broke H**goal can get in the sea with Jeff too.

There are other sites aside from Hesgoal mate.

• Like 1

Does anyone know which of our centre backs has scored our best ever goal?😉

Cracking performance against a poor Leeds side truth be told. Could've been 2 or 3 up at HT and but for 5-10 minutes after the break we looked extremely comfortable.

Voted Cash MOTM, he defended very well, a couple of meaty tackles, assisted the first, cool finish for the second what more do we want? He was a 9/10.

Chambers an 8.5 - What a goal that was! Anyone know if it is the best goal one of our cen......

The rest of the team and subs were 8/10. Ramsey was probably our weakest player but they all put in a shift and it was just a fantastic night all round.

Anyone seen the Leeds fans that come on here? 🤔 Thought not. words removed.

Bring on West Ham, momentum is with us and it wouldn't surprise me if we made it 4 from 4.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ponky said:

Now that we've established that Chambers' was not in fact the greatest goal of all time by a Villa centre half, I can say with great confidence that it was the greatest goal of all time by a Villa centre half "this season". But we should stand back and stand by on that one just in case. 

To the game and it was probably our most comfortable performance of the season, even though we took a while for it to really click. 

We could have had Emi Buendia in goal and not conceded to be honest. 

Cash is in very fine form right now, along with plenty of his team mates. 

I thought Dougie was the unsung hero though and put in a very disciplined performance that glued everything together. 

Dougie is much improved and that is coming from me, who don't fancy him much.

but I have to give credit, where credit is due, he is playing really well lately.....I suspect the confidence PC has inadvertently injected in to the team, Dougie is one of many who has responded.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Nothing anywhere near as good. 

I remember a few years ago, their were things called Sopcast players or something 

Dont remmeber the exact name, but basically, you would download a player, and get the links from Reddit, for example, and get proper HD quality smooth streams 

I'm sure one of the techies on here will know.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thunderball said:

Funny how Brighton and Southampton on half decent runs were poor against us, then Leeds too. It’s very possible because we didn’t let them play.

It kinda draws you to that conclusion doesn't it?

That was as good as an away performance as it gets.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

But the best thing about games on Amazon is that you're two clicks away from watching the game without commentary and just stadium noises. Infinitely better viewing experience. I only wish all channels had the option.

In fact, Amazon are so aware of how s**t commentators are that when I opened the stream again after half time they were reminding veiwers how to **** them off and just listen to the stadium.

gxrhbHKuUepZ.jpg

I actually prefer McCoist to the majority of other co-commentators currently plying their trade.

However, the crowd noise only option could come in handy for sure!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Brighton were on a bad run when we played them. Southampton were on a good run but just played very poor against us, might have been the midweek game caught up with them. 

We shouldn't get too down with losses like Watford or too high with wins over two sides who were very poor in Leeds/Southampton

You are right but the highs and lows are the roller coaster of emotion, the game brings.

So was we just very bad when we played Watford, hence their win.

Its an age old chesnut.......

We cannot be responsible for how a team turns up against us.....good or bad, we can only do our thing.

A feature of a good side, is to get their opponent to look bad or inferior......so I don't look too deeply in to that.

I'll bet the Spurs fans spent little time being concerned with Evertons form.

We just have to beat who is front of us, unconcerned with the oppositions issues.

5 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

I know you've recanted. And I know everyone has said Cahill.

But can I just give a shout out for Kent Neilsen against Inter.
And the fact that he gobbed out a lake's worth of spit live on TV.

Honourable mention to Nilis against Chelsea. Spun LeBoeuf and buried it. Man if he hadn’t had the injury - been a big player for us.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I actually prefer McCoist to the majority of other co-commentators currently plying their trade.

However, the crowd noise only option could come in handy for sure!

I had a woman commentating on the game that sounded just like our 12yr old paper kid. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Honourable mention to Nilis against Chelsea. Spun LeBoeuf and buried it. Man if he hadn’t had the injury - been a big player for us.

one of my major Villa regrets......great player in the Netherlands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Kent Nielsen?

Are we still doing this??? 

Everyone knows it was Frank Barson. 

He nipped outside for a fag during a game in 1922,the ball came over the stand and he wellies it back, straight in the net. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Did we convert Nilis to a centre half then? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â