The Oscars 2022

Stevo985

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Guess if you joked about someones wife like that in a pub you would deserve a slap. Anyway hes apoligised now and Rock wasn't hurt so end of story. 

Probably won't be end of story for jobbing comedians though.

They'll be wondering who is coming out of the audience to slap them if they don't like one of the jokes aimed at them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Probably won't be end of story for jobbing comedians though.

They'll be wondering who is coming out of the audience to slap them if they don't like one of the jokes aimed at them.

image.jpeg.4a14a315b8f9c150ae573fa0e092e517.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The actual slap looked staged but the expletive laden outburst from Smith made the whole thing look something totally different. I don't get how Smith initially laughed at the joke then within seconds becomes enraged. 

Fwiw, I've never really took to Jaden Pinkett. She comes across as a very cold kind of person, who is constantly seeking attention at the cost of other people's feelings, especially her own family's. 

When Smith said, "keep my wife's name out of your fecking mouth", I'm sure Rock was dying to come back with the response, "tell your wife to keep other men out of her mouth".

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Actors gonna act, gives the Academy some much needed promotion...

FB_IMG_1648563024276.jpg.bee4fd820f0deaaec6021e3a02b981e9.jpg

Yeah that slap was staged. The aftermath I feel Smith went off script. Rock was leaning in to it and bracing himself. Smith delivered it like a stage punch but was a slap. I gives an otherwise bland awards show some much needed coverage. 

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Actors gonna act, gives the Academy some much needed promotion...

FB_IMG_1648563024276.jpg.bee4fd820f0deaaec6021e3a02b981e9.jpg

I think at that point Rock and the audience still thought it was banter. He (CR) anticipated a slap and moved to make it look real without it really connecting.

Its the sweary shouting that made everyone think he might actually be really pissed off.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Yeah that slap was staged. The aftermath I feel Smith went off script. Rock was leaning in to it and bracing himself. Smith delivered it like a stage punch but was a slap. I gives an otherwise bland awards show some much needed coverage. 

Nah no way. Makes zero sense

• Like 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

I don't know, the saunter up, the barely concealed smile as Smith walked away. 

There's just no way it was staged. Apart from increasing publicity, nobody else stands to gain from it. 

A screenshot with a few incorrect words typed on it doesn't change things

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

There's just no way it was staged. Apart from increasing publicity, nobody else stands to gain from it. 

True, I think we need a ten part podcast series on it. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I dunno.

For Chris Rock this can only aid his career, I don’t know how successful he’s been of late but perhaps it’s been waning.

Jada Pinkett may see it as raising awareness for her condition.

The Oscar’s needed something to happen this year to boost steadily declining viewer numbers and interest.

The one it doesn’t directly benefit is Smith himself but then perhaps JPS pulled the old ‘if you loved me you’d do it’ card…..all conjecture obviously but it just looked odd.

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The only reasonable explanation is that Rock and Smith are trying to cash in on baldies baldness and are actually trying to get GI Jane 2 made, staring the baldy, I'd watch it.

Come on, Phil, "follicle challenged " is the correct term.😜

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I know everyone wants to feel like "no one's going to get anything past me!" and want's to be the first to call things out but at the same time not everything is fake. 

I’m always the first to call fake things fake.

This ain’t it.

• Like 1