The Oscars 2022

Stevo985

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

he wasn't even at the Oscars , so this photo get filled under , yet another twitter fake 

Edit - I believe the reactions are from LA LA land  / Moonlight debacle 

Goddammit, already spent a like as well!

I did wonder how 'the other Mad Mel' had managed to get back invited to things again.

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have been to see comedians and there has been times there has been some piss taking of my wife or me. It's just a joke and neither of us were offended. I am off to see Paul Choudhury in April and with that in mind I might give him a weird slap across the face if he tries any of that shit. 

You could slap him before the show and be justified. 

• Haha 1

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, she said “you can’t slap Chris Rock because your wife’s got no hair”

One for the fresh prince fans 🤣

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Trump getting Obama back for roasting him has to be the all-time best slow-burn response to a humiliation).

You could see his on his face that night (Correspondents dinner i think) that he was livid. Becoming President to get revenge, as you say, is the greatest act of spite ever! :D 

• Like 1

Smith was in the wrong completely. If he had a problem he should have spoken to Rock in a commercial break or rinsed him during his acceptance speech later. The Oscars has had comedians hosting for a while and the 'celebs' always get a ribbing. You just laugh it off if you get picked on. 

Rumours on some sites that Rock and Pinkett-Smith had an affair when they worked together years ago, so that may have pushed him over the edge. 

I watched Men in Black again recently and i really used to like Smith. I hope he gets the help he needs as he looks a broken man. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

i used to love watching the Oscars. Used to book Monday off and stay up all night with snacks etc. Probably started in the mid 90's and did it for about 10 years or so. 

I wouldn't watch them now. I don't think awards ceremonies have much longer to live nowadays. Lost their impact and importance, although this incident is good for publicity. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Smith was in the wrong completely. If he had a problem he should have spoken to Rock in a commercial break or rinsed him during his acceptance speech later. They've known each other for ages. 

Rumours on some sites that Rock and Pinkett-Smith had an affair when they worked together years ago, so that may have pushed him over the edge. 

I watched Men in Black again recently and i really used to like Smith. I hope he gets the help he needs as he looks a broken man. 

You'd think a high ranking Scientologist should have regular E-meter checks to keep his psyche and thetan in check.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

i used to love watching the Oscars. Used to book Monday off and stay up all night with snacks etc. Probably started in the mid 90's and did it for about 10 years or so. 

I wouldn't watch them nowadays. I don't think awards ceremonies have much longer to live nowadays. Lost their impact and importance, although this incident is good for publicity. 

Se but prob between the mid 70s up till about Daniel Day Lewis's last win, can't remember a whole lot that happened after this that impressed much.

42 minutes ago, av1 said:

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, she said “you can’t slap Chris Rock because your wife’s got no hair”

One for the fresh prince fans 🤣

"What did the detectives find when they dusted Chris Rock's face? ... Fresh prints."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I stopped watching the Oscars in about 2004, when the whole room got a little bit too " Zieg Heil" over the Iraq war. 

Will Smith ends up looking like a douche by slapping Chris Rock live on stage and in front of a global audience, and then continues to scream at him " Keep my wife's name out of your f***ing mouth!"

Of course, a much better course of action would be to tend the matter backstage and off camera, explain your feelings and expect a sincere apology. If Chris Rock is not apologetic, then hit him...at least twice.

I am expecting Chris Rock to be able to make a 40 minute routine from a 40 second situation, so, Chris Rock wins!

46 minutes ago, Xela said:

Smith was in the wrong completely. If he had a problem he should have spoken to Rock in a commercial break or rinsed him during his acceptance speech later. The Oscars has had comedians hosting for a while and the 'celebs' always get a ribbing. You just laugh it off if you get picked on. 

If they had an affair at some stage then it would explain the reaction from Smith, especially the “I love you…” at the start of the joke.

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Smith's reaction be like...

IMG-20220328-WA0001.jpg

For non-Office fans David Brent hears a racist joke and initially laughs but then when he realises the cameras are rolling quickly changed his stance to one of disgust.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

For non-Office fans David Brent hears a racist joke and initially laughs but then when he realises the cameras are rolling quickly changed his stance to one of disgust.

Not just the cameras but the fact he remembers Oliver is there, and he always likes to impress him with anti-racism.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Sorry to here that.  How old are you now?  I'm 45 and bald as can be but it has never really bothered me, I started thinning on top in my late twenties but it never really affected me.  Obviously this isnt due to some form of alopecia but wondering if as you are now older does the baldness still bother you as much?

I'm 43. I'm not that arsed about it now. It's be nice to have hair, just to try a different look, but it doesn't matter now. I'm old enough for it to be a non-issue.

The after effects of it happening so young often come out to play, though.

• Thanks 1

It brought the Oscars down to a whole new level.  Yes hes offended and it was a bad joke but you cant physically assault someone on stage like that. A lot of standup comedy is fundementally offensive. it is what it is!

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1