The Oscars 2022

Stevo985

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's been quite funny seeing comedians who like to give off the sense that they're tough as nails start playing the victim in this hypothetical scenario.

What about women comics though? 

They'll think twice about what they come out with. 

Unless it's Sandra Bernhard, she could probably batter Smith and Rock at the same time. 

• Haha 1

Another thing, why did Rock call him "Richard " as he was walking towards him ? Maybe Will has been overwhelmed by the whole method style of acting and is still actually stuck in the role of Richard Williams, hence Rock's confusion with the name.

If that is the case, I'm surprised Smith/Williams didn't start writing some really nasty  expletive laden comments about Rock on pieces of cardboard strips to hold up to the audience so they could all have an awkward giggle .

What a load of bollox, Smith swung from the hips , even a slap would have knocked him over with that much force, he never even staggered back 

I didn't actually hear the slap make contact on the mike , which you should have even without the mike. It's marketing and acting at its best. IMHO.

55 minutes ago, tinker said:

What a load of bollox, Smith swung from the hips , even a slap would have knocked him over with that much force, he never even staggered back 

I didn't actually hear the slap make contact on the mike , which you should have even without the mike. It's marketing and acting at its best. IMHO.

Same question. Why would either of them agree to do that? Have either of them come out of this looking good? 

Both hugely successful people, with zero motivation to stage something like that. 

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

If Lefty Ruggiero can be fooled, then, trust me, anyone can.

Literally one of the dumbest button men in the dumbest borgata , 

You can't listen to a wiretap of that guy and think he's in any way intelligent.

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm already so sick of this story.

I agree with you, it's so dull.

What America needs is a single authoritative take, from a respected source, that everyone can get behind. And luckily that has finally been provided, so now we can put the matter to bed:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I showed "the incident" to my wife this morning as she had missed it, and she was convinced there is more to the story than this hair bullshit. Rock make a lame joke about short hair, Smith laughs, wife rolls eyes, and then he gets up on stage and slaps Rock, sits back down and then really loses his shit. Doesn't make sense, so she surmised that maybe Rock had been ploughing Smiths wife, or a mutual acquaintance, something like that, which would certainly make more sense for the "assault" on a live worldwide TV show. Anyway it has been a nice distraction from real news, and if next year we can see hollywood actors doing some kind of real hunger games kind of shit I will definitely tune in.

7 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The only reasonable explanation is that Rock and Smith are trying to cash in on baldies baldness and are actually trying to get GI Jane 2 made, staring the baldy, I'd watch it.

If GI Jane 2 starring JPS gets announced in a couple of weeks, that would be amazing!

• Haha 1

I reckon it just took a couple of seconds for the joke to sink in while Smith was in 'make sure you look like you're laughing at everything on camera' mode, then he reacted.  The punch/slap was as shit as mine would be as I'm half wanting to smack someone but also aware that I'm an absolute pussy and don't know what I'm doing.  Then the mouthing off was the icing on the cake to make it clear that he's pissed off with having his wife humiliated.  However his acceptance speech was very **** odd so I'm not entirely sure what was/is going on in his head.

Away from Will Smith having a  breakdown/bizarro publicity spike, saw some discussion going round that Wesley Snipes looked ill. And while it's not the first thing a photo of him from the Oscars would make you think (that's his awful outfit), he does look much thinner and older than you'd expect.

oscar-red-carpet-wesley-snipes-mc-220326

He looks rough.

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Away from Will Smith having a  breakdown/bizarro publicity spike, saw some discussion going round that Wesley Snipes looked ill. And while it's not the first thing a photo of him from the Oscars would make you think (that's his awful outfit), he does look much thinner and older than you'd expect.

He looks rough.

Nosferatu.jpg

• Haha 3

Just now, Chindie said:

He looks rough.

I know teams like to have fun with their 3rd kits but yikes !