The Oscars 2022

Stevo985

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've literally never heard of Liam Payne, who's he?

He's from Wolverhampton which is why the accent he's putting on is ridiculous

Edited by Tom13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why has Liam Payne changed his voice? Ah yeah, it's cos he's a huge bellend.

Will Smith the world's best emoter?

**** me what a pretentious word removed.

"I'm from a shithole called Wolverhampton and look at me."

"Sold out Madison Square Gardens as a teen."

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Go easy on him ffs, selling out Madison Square 'Gardens' when he was 17 was a very strange time for him.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've gotta be honest, if he'd burst onto the stage to lecture the comedian and the audience and announce he couldn't take a joke he would also have looked like a total plank.

Exactly

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Since when is it OK to mock a medical problem or disability? It's a world away from the the likes of Ricky Gervais, which is about taking the piss out of Hollywood excess. Not that violence is the answer of course.

I never said it was, must admit I didn't know about Alopecia.

Just took the video and altercation for face value seemed ultra weird how Smith and Jada both laughed and then he's up on stage assaulting another human being.

Yup violence is never the answer which to be honest was the essence of my post.

Funny how the tide has turned on this, initially Smith was the bad guy and now he's a good guy!

Reminded me of Boyz in the Hood or Menace II Society*, where's the Uzi's? What's the difference?

*First role I ever saw Jada Pinkett in.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I keep seeing people saying this. Would you really do that? 

Sounds incredibly embarrassing for your wife

Probably a better response than punching the host and swearing at him making yourself look unhinged 

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've gotta be honest, if he'd burst onto the stage to lecture the comedian and the audience and announce he couldn't take a joke he would also have looked like a total plank.

There's really only one thing you can do when someone is taking the piss out of you in a setting like that, and that's grin along (and then bear a grudge and wreak terrible vengeance afterwards; Trump getting Obama back for roasting him has to be the all-time best slow-burn response to a humiliation).

I reckon only a minority would have that opinion and it would have been less "plankish" than what he actually did

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe, but both options are hugely, massively inferior to doing nothing.

Yeah - unless your wife is a dragon and is going to make your life absolute hell for not sticking up for her 😑!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah - unless your wife is a dragon and is going to make your life absolute hell for not sticking up for her 😑!

I guess we'll never know what their relationship is like, and maybe she's actually weird enough to prefer being dragged onto stage by her husband who is loudly announcing both her illness and his lack of humour, but I agree with @Stevo985 that that frankly sounds mortifying for her. I can say very confidently that my own wife would never forgive me for making a spectacle out of her like that, I'd be getting divorce papers before the evening was over.

Just a few moments earlier, Rock had made another cruel joke, this time directed at Penelope Cruz, who AIUI is married to Javier Bardem. Did he storm the stage and either punch the comedian or lecture the audience? He did not. And does anybody now think, in the cold light of day, that he's less of a man or that it would have been better to have done either of those things? No, because everybody has forgotten it, because it fundamentally doesn't matter that much unless you react in a way that *makes it matter*.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

"I'm from a shithole called Wolverhampton and look at me."

"Sold out Madison Square Gardens as a teen."

To be fair he also knobbed Cheryl Cole, got to give him that one 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The key here is that you do whatever is the right thing for your wife. You make sure that she is okay - she's your concern, not the comedian. 

I think probably the best option open to him was to ask her "Do you want to leave?" and if she says yes, just go - leave them trying to hand out the biggest Oscar to the guy that left because your host insulted his wife's condition.

If she needs you to do something, she'll let you know - you'll find very few women I'd have thought who would have said "Get up on that stage in front of millions of people and punch that man for me".

Will Smith's reaction wasn't for the benefit of his wife, it was to stroke his own ego - the big man protector - no one insults me and gets away with it. If that punch does damage we're looking at a really different situation - he's lucky it didn't.

Moron.

The thing is, that's exactly what she appears to me like. "If you loved me you'd do something about it" "If you loved me you'd know that I cheated on you"

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably a better response than punching the host and swearing at him making yourself look unhinged 

Well yeah. But "better than punching the host" doesn't mean it's a good thing to do :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Tomorrow Vince McMahon will announce a new match for Sunday’s Wrestlemania.  

I kid you not,  jake paul has offered them both 15m each if they box each other on his undercard

• Haha 1