Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Buendia jumped into him.

They are difficult to tell apart though tbf

The first angle I saw was when mings impact him first. I couldn't see the 2nd impact from buendia. But I think he doesn't get his head on that if neither go for the ball sadly. 

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

That half told me that Ramsey is smart enough to be on the same wavelength as Coutinho, but Watkins isn't and may never be.

I'm struggling to see what Watkins offers while he's playing like this. He's making terrible runs that no one wants to pick out, he's lazy off the ball and his only saving grace is he makes space, which is great but I'd prefer him to play smarter. 

If someone watched us for the first time and I asked them who our striker was they'd say it was Ramsey. Watkins has been invisible for months now. 

You do understand that it was Watkins’ run dragging the defence across the pitch that opened up the space for Ramsey right? 

• Like 1

Our defensive play is… questionable. I don’t know what the CBs in particular are thinking. We used to pride ourselves on having a solid CB pairing over the past few years but.. it’s going down hill! Really need to step it up. Weak in front of them two as well. If only we brought in a decent CDM…

Edited by Tayls

Leeds are stretching us like a stretch Armstrong.

We are making Harrison and James look better than they are. No offence Jack and Dan but you’re 90% pace, 10% pain and 100% reason to remember the name 

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Mings didn't do much wrong on either goal. The midfield should have tracked the runners on the second, and Konsa gave James too much space and got megged.

Shhhh!  Don't you know that Konsa is the best English CB and Mings is shit?  How dare you say otherwise... 🤣

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

are McGinn and Luiz on the pitch? totally anonymous

I have been critical of Luiz, but I thought tonight he has been hungry and linked up, but not sure what Gerrard wants from him. McGinn is quiet, and with our deep squad, if he doesn’t pick up after 55 minutes should be off. But he won’t be subbed.