Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Anybody think Renato Sanches is a possible candidate for CDM?

if he werent an attacking midfielder / central midfielder, and in any way a CDM (which he isnt)........then sure :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

You should be banned from taking part in the eternal 6/8 debate from here on out.

Why, is he that bad? I saw him mentioned and thought I’d ask the obvious question.

19 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Nah, just he is one that is definitely not a 6. Although no doubt someone will correct me now!

OK so who are the contenders? Do you think SG wants an out and out 6 or is it a box to box 8 who can sit and dominate?

i think we'll see some more experienced players arrive in the summer - perhaps down to Gerrard's connections

Suarez maybe? I know people say he's lost his pace but he's a winner and his nous and craftyness (nice way of saying being a complete shite) would be good for us. Or even someone like Firminho? Gerrard is a known fan of his and he seems to be possibly out of Liverpool this summer.

I think one of Watkins or Ings will go. Probably the former as he would attract a far bigger fee. 

I have that sneaking feeling that Watkins will be sold too. If the right offer came in we'd take it. So 40m+ we'd say, yeah deal. If we have Suarez deal sorted.

I also look at the midfield market. Rice will be sold as he has 2 years left just with West Ham. Kamara (who United were interested in) is a free agent. I'm sure someone will pursue Bellingham (though no way he's sold same season as Haaland). 

McGinn & Luiz will be attracting interest. So that leaves who exactly to compete with us for Phillips / Bissouma? we have a good chance of getting one or other especially if Coutinho has signed and we land Suarez early as the added "pull" factor. 

People forget Suarez and Cavani are the exact same age born a few weeks apart and we see what Cavani is able to offer in the Prem still. 

Suarez, Bissouma/Phillips, Gomez, Hickey - if we land those and sell Trez, AEG, Guilbert, Targett and maybe Hause or Traore that's a big window

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I have that sneaking feeling that Watkins will be sold too. If the right offer came in we'd take it. So 40m+ we'd say, yeah deal. If we have Suarez deal sorted.

I also look at the midfield market. Rice will be sold as he has 2 years left just with West Ham. Kamara (who United were interested in) is a free agent. I'm sure someone will pursue Bellingham (though no way he's sold same season as Haaland). 

McGinn & Luiz will be attracting interest. So that leaves who exactly to compete with us for Phillips / Bissouma? we have a good chance of getting one or other especially if Coutinho has signed and we land Suarez early as the added "pull" factor. 

People forget Suarez and Cavani are the exact same age born a few weeks apart and we see what Cavani is able to offer in the Prem still. 

Suarez, Bissouma/Phillips, Gomez, Hickey - if we land those and sell Trez, AEG, Guilbert, Targett and maybe Hause or Traore that's a big window

It is, but you could argue only 1 of those is guaranteed to start for us. I don't think we're bringing in Suarez as a 38 game striker. He's not as mobile as he once was. 
Personally, I think we'll bring in a top quality midfielder, a right back and a new striker in the Summer. I have a sneaky feeling we'll sell Cash and Watkins. (I don't really want to sell Cash, I really like him). But say we brought in Kalvin Phillips, Tariq Lamptey and a top quality striker, it would be worth it!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It is, but you could argue only 1 of those is guaranteed to start for us. I don't think we're bringing in Suarez as a 38 game striker. He's not as mobile as he once was. 
Personally, I think we'll bring in a top quality midfielder, a right back and a new striker in the Summer. I have a sneaky feeling we'll sell Cash and Watkins. (I don't really want to sell Cash, I really like him). But say we brought in Kalvin Phillips, Tariq Lamptey and a top quality striker, it would be worth it!

Yeah Watkins, Cash, Luiz, Ings, Traore are all sellable if we receive the right offers for them. 

Suarez isn't a 38 game player anymore but he can start 20 and come on in 15 easily I'd say. Which means we'd need one of Ings/Watkins and either Archer/Davis as 3rd. Possibly Nketiah on a free is a good bit of business I'd say for squad depth and future saleable value. Arsenal need 2 strikers this summer so sell them Watkins for 40m + 6m add ons. That's booking over 20m of profit on his remaining amortisation. 

Suarez, Ings, Nketiah (with Bailey also up to playing CF too if needed). Archer out on loan again for a full season. We'd review CF then Summer 2023 

• Like 1

Arsenal have put themselves properly in the shit. They are going to be in such a weak position regards buying one or 2 that we or whoever sells to them can have them over a barrel. They will be paying 30 percent over the odds i reckon. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lamptey and Digne would be something else. Wow.

Kalvin Phillips, Tariq Lamptey and a top quality striker would absolutely transform us, and its not unrealistic either.

A new first choice forward is going to be very, very expensive. We are in a difficult situation where we wont be able to attract the very best as CL sides have that pull, its less about money. But who is not a CL striker but better than Ings and Watkins?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MentalM said:

Signing Renato Sanches is like signing Balotelli. Immense raw talent, but a player who constantly make the wrong decision on the pitch . I rate every CM we have above Sanches

The difference is that Balotelli makes the wrong decision off the pitch as well.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Kalvin Phillips, Tariq Lamptey and a top quality striker would absolutely transform us, and its not unrealistic either.

A new first choice forward is going to be very, very expensive. We are in a difficult situation where we wont be able to attract the very best as CL sides have that pull, its less about money. But who is not a CL striker but better than Ings and Watkins?

I don't know about better (or realistic, for that matter), but Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo) and Raul de Tomas (Espanyol) play for teams who don't traditionally qualify for the CL. Jonathan David is a tremendous prospect, and Lille are not doing quite so well this season, but I take it he is their second striker, not their primary striker?

Edited by His Name Is Death

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

I honestly don't know...that's the hard part!