Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did you watch the UEFA final mate? Thoughts on Bassey?

I though Bassey was brilliant, I’d sign him up and he has been linked. Come on down Shirley!!

• Like 2

Bassey’s positioning and awareness was poor but then would make an incredible recovery and win the ball which was amazing to see at times. The kid is rapid. Something to work with imo.

Edited by Sulberto21
Basset’s bloody autocorrect!
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Simeone doesn't strike me as someone who would let something like that go.

Simeone would play a serial killer if it meant winning a friendly

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You could be right, it depends where we want to go, he showed great potential though, no doubt 

European football.

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did you watch the UEFA final mate? Thoughts on Bassey?

Yes.

Yeah, not bad, performance.....but its a bit premature to base him on one game.

He has a fifa rating of 65, if thats anything to go by.

I am not impressed with teams who concede just after scoring.....I see it as not committed to stopping the opposition.

I am not saying that ,that part is easy, but its what well organised sides do.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I hope we don't sign Tarkowski, he has non existent passing stats. Worst than even Konsa. 

It's difficult to judge Burnley players, you could theoretically be a great ball player but if Dyche tells you not to play short passes what do you do? Most sequences with Burnley in possession start with Pope making a long goal kick for everyone to chase.

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I hope we don't sign Tarkowski, he has non existent passing stats. Worst than even Konsa. 

Nathan Collins would be a better option to consider if they went down.  

Isn’t Tarkowski on a free this summer? Got Newcastle written all over it probably. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

i hope we dont sign him because its hard to imagine him fishing for anything other than his retirement contract

£100k a week for 5 years

no thank you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It's difficult to judge Burnley players, you could theoretically be a great ball player but if Dyche tells you not to play short passes what do you do? Most sequences with Burnley in possession start with Pope making a long goal kick for everyone to chase.

That's a fair point and one I was thinking about. His pass completion % is shocking and has been so for all his seasons at Burnley. Especially his short passing. Plus at 29 he's never played any football in a side that requires passing from the back. It's just not a player we need at all. We need a different option in CB who is elite at passing or a younger player with huge potential 

I hope we don’t sign Suarez because of the backlash on Gerrard if nothing else. We need positivity and everyone behind the manager. 

FWIW I don’t think there is a chance we’ll sign him anyway or if we did it would be a late free or something. Certainly not one of our main pieces of business. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not if he is injured they wont pay so much especially as not fit until September and I think Konsa isnt as valuable in the transfer market as last season 

Definitely not as valuable as last summer after his season but I think a couple of months being injured won't stop people enquiring about the lads price.