Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I’m doubt there’s much truth to it but it wouldn’t surprise me totally. I don’t think Gerrard is sold on Tyrone and obviously won’t have the same affection for him that (most of) the fans have due to being part of the promotion winning team.

Could you imagine losing Mings and McGinn in one summer, and only a year after Jack. Not sure I could take that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We are bullied too easily in this department - it can’t all be done by Mings 

Precisely.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

So whilst much of Gerrards conference was standard fare, the bit about '1 or 2 are close' and the 'free market being quicker' We know there'll be atleast one free agent joining. Or atleast targeted.

Here's the top value (Transfermarkt) freebies and what's expected.

No Chance (Grey = Confirmed)
Mbappe (RM/PSG), Pogba (PSG/Juve), Kessie (Barca confirmed), Rudiger (RM Confirmed), Christensen (Barca Confirmed), Ousmane Dembele (Barca/Chelsea), Romagnoli (Chelsea, Barca), Mazraoui (Bayern Confirmed), Luis Felipe (Betis Confirmed), Di Maria (Juve), Tolisso (Liverpool, RM, Man U), Onana (Inter), Mbemba (Leaving Porto as he's lied about his age)

Very Unlikely (but limited links)
Dybala, 

Bernardeschi (Wants to stay at Juve)

Optimistic Targets
Kamara (Atleti/AVFC), Belotti (Roma/West Ham), 

Others (links) - Possibilities for us 
Lacazette (Lyon),
Tarkowski (NUFC/AVFC),  
Lingard (WH, Nufc, AVFC),  
Denayer (NUFC),  
Grillitsch (Arsenal) 
David Brooks 
Eriksson (Brentford) 

Anybody else falls.below £11m of Transfermarkt Value, bizarrely including:

Luis Suarez (Avfc), Modric (RM Confirmed), Origi (AC Milan), 

Dybala is staying in Italy.

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Stupidest transfer rumour in the Mirror - we are going to sell Ty to Newcastle for £35m and bring in Joe Gomez. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know the Mirror is a rag I wouldn't trust to get the date right, but that's not massively far fetched.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m doubt there’s much truth to it but it wouldn’t surprise me totally. I don’t think Gerrard is sold on Tyrone and obviously won’t have the same affection for him that (most of) the fans have due to being part of the promotion winning team.

Could you imagine losing Mings and McGinn in one summer, and only a year after Jack. Not sure I could take that.

The problem is......Ty has errors in him, he is also shy at scoring goals at set pieces.....nothing like Laursen or Allan Evans.

but take him out of the side.....and you see his worth.....we lack real aggression without him.

I am really dubious that we sign players better than we already have....

but I am open to be surprised, perhaps the links lower the expectation.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The problem is......Ty has errors in him, he is also shy at scoring goals at set pieces.....nothing like Laursen or Allan Evans.

but take him out of the side.....and you see his worth.....we lack real aggression without him.

I also think he’d make a real difference to the Newcastle defence. Hopefully it’s just nonsense.

Don’t be surprised if we take Connor Goldson on a free this summer. With Konsa injured until September, no one will take him and that only leaves us with Chambers as right CB.

We may put a lot of our money into sorting the midfield, so wouldn’t rule this one out as an option.

Connor is a local lad and is desperate to return closer to the Midlands. I see his dad occasionally and several Midlands clubs have shown interest in him previously. 

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I also think he’d make a real difference to the Newcastle defence. Hopefully it’s just nonsense.

I think he would.....but they already have some big old units in Burn and Lascelles....not to mention Joelinton in midfield.

We in contrast have only one outfield player over 6 feet, so we can't afford to lose him just yet.

We need to add some height, not lose it.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I know the Mirror is a rag I wouldn't trust to get the date right, but that's not massively far fetched.

Yep 

Our captain and England International, who could / should be in line to start at the world cup in November, is worth £35m and Liverpools crocked 5th choice CB / 3rd choice RB is worth roughly the same 

Nothing to see here 

I love Mings as a character, and yes, its unthinkable he doesn't play in this current squad, but imagine we have two new centre halves who make less mistakes? Say, Lacroix and Szalai.
Would Mings want to be on the bench? Unlikely. He considers himself on the periphery of the England team and is at the stage where he'll feel he has to play regularly. Fair enough.

Now, we could use him as CB / LB cover but again, he wouldn't play regularly. Konsa is still young and worth keeping hold of to see if he can get back to his best, when he did indeed look like a top centre half in the making. This is a turbulent time for him and he needs to adjust. So I could envisage seeing Mings move on in this scenario.

Gomez is currently where Konsa may be. A player who looked liked like an absolute Rolls Royce until the wheels came off a bit /  major injury. Not so long ago Gomez looked like Englands best centre half.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep 

Our captain and England International, who could / should be in line to start at the world cup in November, is worth £35m and Liverpools crocked 5th choice CB / 3rd choice RB is worth roughly the same 

Nothing to see here 

Also, didn't Howe and Mings fall out at Bournemouth?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yea I get foreign players can be home grown that way, I just find it unbelievable that British nationals wouldn't automatically be homegrown.

he was born here but was never on anyone's books therefore not home grown. the clue is in the terminology, he wasn't 'grown' at an english club therefore doesn't meet the criteria. he might not even hold a british passport

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Don’t be surprised if we take Connor Goldson on a free this summer. With Konsa injured until September, no one will take him and that only leaves us with Chambers as right CB.

We may put a lot of our money into sorting the midfield, so wouldn’t rule this one out as an option.

Connor is a local lad and is desperate to return closer to the Midlands. I see his dad occasionally and several Midlands clubs have shown interest in him previously. 

I could see it happening. It would be strength in depth but would he be an improvement?

27 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

So whilst much of Gerrards conference was standard fare, the bit about '1 or 2 are close' and the 'free market being quicker' We know there'll be atleast one free agent joining. Or atleast targeted.

Mbappe (RM/PSG), Pogba (PSG/Juve), Kessie (Barca confirmed), Rudiger (RM Confirmed), Christensen (Barca Confirmed), Ousmane Dembele (Barca/Chelsea), Romagnoli (Chelsea, Barca), Mazraoui (Bayern Confirmed), Luis Felipe (Betis Confirmed), Di Maria (Juve), Tolisso (Liverpool, RM, Man U), Onana (Inter), Mbemba (Leaving Porto as he's lied about his age)

Dybala, 

Optimistic Targets

Lacazette (Lyon),
Tarkowski (NUFC/AVFC),  
Denayer (NUFC),  
Grillitsch (Arsenal) 
David Brooks 
Eriksson (Brentford) 

There is a handful of players on that list that would be interesting but I fear he is talking about Suarez 

27 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Dybala, 

Optimistic Targets

Lacazette (Lyon),
Tarkowski (NUFC/AVFC),  
Denayer (NUFC),  
Grillitsch (Arsenal) 
David Brooks 
Eriksson (Brentford) 

I don't think you are allowed to contact players who are in the same League until the end of the season. So you should exclude other Prem players from the "are a few pieces not too far away" statement.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I could see it happening. It would be strength in depth but would he be an improvement?

I don’t think he would be an upgrade on Konsa or Chambers from what I’ve seen but Gerrard has worked with him, so he’ll know better than most if he’s worth it. 

27 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I could imagine losing both...... I'd even advocate for it if they brought a good replacement.