Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Point being maybe he isn't such an unrealistic signing after all, although of course I've no idea if we actually want him or not.

People have been asking for another DM, or a strong eight, Tielemans isn't really that kind of player, he's more of a skill based midfielder, if we feel that we have a problem with other teams walking through our midfield for example, then he wouldn't really be the kind of midfielder that's going to help with that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought we would have no chance of Tielemans, but looking on a Leicester forum it seems they don't rate him too highly, reading their views is somewhat like reading our fans' views on McGinn, they accuse him of giving the ball away, being unfit, overweight, not good enough for this and that midfield, of course there could be an element of bitterness in that, and some of them do allow that overall he's been good for them it's just the past year that he has been 'poor', but their opinions don't read like the description of someone that's out of our league or a player that is destined for a top four team.

So it’s a cunning plan to sign Tielemans on the cheap, having infiltrated the Leicester forums,  then snatching Rogers once the window is closed. Genius pincer movement. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

Point being maybe he isn't such an unrealistic signing after all, although of course I've no idea if we actually want him or not.

People have been asking for another DM, or a strong eight, Tielemans isn't really that kind of player, he's more of a skill based midfielder, if we feel that we have a problem with other teams walking through our midfield for example, then he wouldn't really be the kind of midfielder that's going to help with that.

He might not be a powerhouse midfielder that some on here want, but if he can retain possession he'll improve our midfield massively.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He might not be a powerhouse midfielder that some on here want, but if he can retain possession he'll improve our midfield massively.

So not the hero we want but the hero we need…

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

INFO LE PARISIEN. En manque de temps de jeu au PSG, Abdou Diallo aimerait changer de club d’ici la fermeture du mercato. Aston Villa et plusieurs équipes de Premier League ont fait part de leur intérêt pour le défenseur sénégalais.

Le Parisien

• Like 1

There’s only two players from Leicester who I’d like at Villa Ndidi obviously.

The other is Albrighton for sentimental value. Imagine him scoring a winner at the Holte End last minute of a game. Epic.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought we would have no chance of Tielemans, but looking on a Leicester forum it seems they don't rate him too highly, reading their views is somewhat like reading our fans' views on McGinn, they accuse him of giving the ball away, being unfit, overweight, not good enough for this and that midfield, of course there could be an element of bitterness in that, and some of them do allow that overall he's been good for them it's just the past year that he has been 'poor', but their opinions don't read like the description of someone that's out of our league or a player that is destined for a top four team.

maybe thats what gerrad likes

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's not an impossibility to play two left or right footers at CB.

Wasn't an issue until about 6 or 7 years ago.

When I were a lad, feet were for bloody standing on. Centre halves used their heads man, heads! One foot for standing on tuther for maiming strikers with. Simple game is football. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, useless said:

INFO LE PARISIEN. En manque de temps de jeu au PSG, Abdou Diallo aimerait changer de club d’ici la fermeture du mercato. Aston Villa et plusieurs équipes de Premier League ont fait part de leur intérêt pour le défenseur sénégalais.

Le Parisien

He ticks the boxes for me. 

51 minutes ago, useless said:

That is true - we do seem to have a defensive fragility and Tielemans probably isnt the answer there. But he probably can help going the other way. At the moment unless teams back off us and give us lots of space we find it pretty much impossible to connect. Defence + Kamara to forward 3/4 players. This isnt something McGinn and Ramsey excel at but Tielemans should be much stronger in this area.