Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

The sooner this window closes the better for me, I just want us to finish up on any deals we have pending.  This is not directed at anyone here, but scrolling through our hashtag on Twitter sometimes drains me out. From the bot accounts, to some of the shit people say on there it gets too much. I'll take a break from looking at the hashtag when the window 'slams' shut lol.

• Like 1

Soucek is overrated like West Ham are overrated as a team, lot of Wolves fans are still worried about their midifeld, as beyond Neves, Moutinho and Nunes there isn't much there, not just in terms of quality but options full stop, also Moutinho isn't actually that good anymore, Wolves were desperate to keep him, but that was more because he and Neves were pretty much their only options.

And we do actually have some very good midfield options of our own when used in the right way, Luiz is very capable, Kamara, already looks like he's going to be a class above, I bet most other teams in the league would take him, McGinn isn't actually all that bad and at his best if we can get some consistency from him is very good, Ramsey is one of the best young midfielders in the league, he's another if he were to leave he would have better postioned clubs than us willing to sign him.

And most importantly, I'm pretty sure that we also sign another midfielder to strengthen us in tha area furthermore.

• Like 1

Just now, villaglint said:

I think we are holding out for Tielemans in the hope he doesn’t get a better offer. Gives me the same feeling as the Bissouma chase though and the feeling we’ll end up with nowt. 

Why does Tielemans want to leave?  Why would he leave Leicester for us?

West Ham haven taken less points than us since Gerrard was appointed, they've been one of the worst form teams in the whole of the league in 2022, as in excluding relegated clubs and newly promoted teams only Everton and Southampton have been worse.

They had a good season the season before last, and took some of that momentum from that into last season which gave them a good start which was enough for them to have another high placed finish, but their form for most of last season was actually pretty poor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I think we are holding out for Tielemans in the hope he doesn’t get a better offer. Gives me the same feeling as the Bissouma chase though and the feeling we’ll end up with nowt. 

It does seem that way, it's a very dangerous game lol. Plus there's going to be a bit of a scramble for his signature in the next couple days I reckon.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

West Ham have finished in top 7 and competed for what, 2 - 3 seasons in a row now?

So I wouldn't say they are " overrated ", they are aptly rated, as a good team .

" Rating doesn't bring you results, your football and team does.

This is the same way people have been trying to discredit Brighton for years, and probably don't ever watch them aside from in games where we've beaten them, or they've.lost, then come to a conclusion.

A season and a half and their form since the turn of the year is worse than ours. 6 wins, 4 draws and 11 losses

West Ham currently on a run of 33 points from their last 30 or 31 games in the PL. They have been shocking for almost a year now.

They are still a big-ish London club who's been fairly successful in the last couple seasons. Feels like a make or break season for them and Moyes. Fully get why they are investing.

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

It does seem that way, it's a very dangerous game lol. Plus there's going to be a bit of a scramble for his signature in the next couple days I reckon.

The problem we are gonna have with signing any midfielder of the caliber of Tielemans is that instead of playing Kamara, Tielemans and Luiz, we'll be playing Kamara, Tielemans and McGinn.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Well the primary motivation of all players is to play at the highest level they can and then money. 

If a team in CL comes in for him he’ll go there. If he doesn’t get an options there he’ll go to the team that pays him the most. Would guess he can outbid Leicester on that front at the moment. 

Just now, duke313 said:

The problem we are gonna have with signing any midfielder of the caliber of Tielemans is that instead of playing Kamara, Tielemans and Luiz, we'll be playing Kamara, Tielemans and McGinn.

This is a fair point. McGinn is not in good form but our problems are not down to 1 player. Right now the tactics/system is a bigger factor than the players. But given the window is only open for another week or so we should try to address both. 

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He'll have to answer that, but from the outside it looks like Leicester are in a strong negative trend. They still have a really good squad, but the days aiming for top 4 are gone and more players than Tielemans want to leave. The club might need a restart (with a new manager)

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Well the primary motivation of all players is to play at the highest level they can and then money. 

If a team in CL comes in for him he’ll go there. If he doesn’t get an options there he’ll go to the team that pays him the most. Would guess he can outbid Leicester on that front at the moment. 

I thought it was maybe a fallout with Rodgers or something, which is gonna be awkward when we hire him. 😉

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Saw Isak play against Poland and he was crap, therefore £60 m is far too much and it’s going to be a terrible signing for Newcastle. Definitely.

I think it's a bad signing too. I'd be very annoyed if we made it for example especially for that money

I don't care too much what other teams are doing as any signing is a gamble. However, we have glaring issues that won't be fixed by just signing a number 8 or a centre back. We have soft underbelly and have had for some time. Teams walk through our midfield and Kamara hasn't help fix that even though he has been fairly good so far. 

• Like 2

I thought we would have no chance of Tielemans, but looking on a Leicester forum it seems they don't rate him too highly, reading their views is somewhat like reading our fans' views on McGinn, they accuse him of giving the ball away, being unfit, overweight, not good enough for this and that midfield, of course there could be an element of bitterness in that, and some of them do allow that overall he's been good for them it's just the past year that he has been 'poor', but their opinions don't read like the description of someone that's out of our league or a player that is destined for a top four team.

19 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Saw Isak play against Poland and he was crap, therefore £60 m is far too much and it’s going to be a terrible signing for Newcastle. Definitely.

As Swede that have seen him in the national team, I am a bit baffled as to the fee. But I'm not a manager or top level coach though. But my flabber is somewhat gasted by that signing tbh.

Edited by daft
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1