Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

25 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If we are going for Bednarek, I’m hoping we are also going for one of the other names mentioned today. 

Bednarek is an experienced Premier League and International player. We need a player in on Loan who needs no time adapting as cover for Carlos. He will do fine

1 minute ago, useless said:

Bednarek is nowhere near as bad as people are making out, and would in fact be a decent enough signing as an improvement on Hause and a stop-gap until Carlos gets fit again.

I think he's probably better than Konsa at the moment too. Also Chambers lacks a bit of size, he struggled a bit with Bolton's big players yesterday.

I'd expect Bednarek and Mings to be the starting CBs soon

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Bednarek is nowhere near as bad as people are making out, and would in fact be a decent enough signing as an improvement on Hause and a stop-gap until Carlos gets fit again.

Southampton fans disagree.

You can't polish a turd.

40 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Laughable rather hause

A full international who has attracted the attention of Roma and Napoli or a player dropping to the Championship for game time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

We don’t need an improvement on Hause. We need an improvement on konsa and chambers. Bednarak ain’t it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah, in January. Has he been that shit? It was seen as a great signing then as he came on a free.

They need to sell a midfielder as Rabiot wont leave to sign Paredes. Roma also lost Wijnaldum to a broken leg so they need a replacement

39 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

West Ham’s bid got rejected for Paqueta.

I do wonder if we’ve also shown interest?

I doubt it, we are already struggling with the Coutinho/Buendia/Bailey situation

Carlos is an improvement on Chambers and Konsa, that he's injured is bad luck, we can't just demand to have him replaced with someone equally as good, next best thing is to improve our defensive options overall, which Bednarek would do.

Also I think Konsa is being written off too easily, wasn't so long ago that fans not just of Villa but of other clubs couldn't believe there eyes that he wasn't getting an England call-up and there were worries that Liverpool were going to come in for him, and we heard the constant refrain 'he's better than Mings', he's been in bad form recently, but can't just give up on him, who's to say he won't get his old form back, he hasn't just suddenly turned into a bad player forevermore he's still very young for a central defender and can get back to his best, maybe even better than he was.

• Like 2