Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

A lot of talk around Bertrand Traore leaving. I would personally keep hold of him.

If we are going to play two behind a striker, it would make sense to have Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Traore as our options. Granted Watkins or Ings will also be played in there now and again.

For squad depth those four players are pretty strong for the level we are currently at. It then allows us to move on Trezeguet (already done) and El Ghazi as the previous squad depth.

For me there are more pressing areas of the squad that we need to upgrade before the end of this window.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could think of much worse things than replacing McGinn with Paqueta. lol

I'm not overly worried for JJ, because I think he's the future regardless.

So even if he doesn't start as often, the experience and lessons he will learn from having all these top class players around is invaluable IMO.

Bonus if we could somehow squeeze into Europe and going further in Cups.

Well you know me I'm all for replacing McGinn. But we already have Sanson who I feel could do a job there. And we are very weak in terms of players who will help us control the game like Kamara and Luiz which is where I feel we could do with shoring up. I hear barca are looking to sell de Jong how about we go after him? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If this is legit in terms of Lyon selling him. He could be a shout.

His stats look great. Seems like he could play as an 8. Excellent presser and ball winner on top of being a goal scorer and creator. 

Would likely be a replacement for ramsey or mcginn rather than reducing our need to play Luiz and Kamara. 

Ekrwm Konur has about as much ITK as Preece or Evans

Think it's a parody account at this stage

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

A lot of talk around Bertrand Traore leaving. I would personally keep hold of him.

If we are going to play two behind a striker, it would make sense to have Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey and Traore as our options. Granted Watkins or Ings will also be played in there now and again.

For squad depth those four players are pretty strong for the level we are currently at. It then allows us to move on Trezeguet (already done) and El Ghazi as the previous squad depth.

For me there are more pressing areas of the squad that we need to upgrade before the end of this window.

I would too. He's capable of some real X factor magic. He can totally misfire or light it up. He's fascinating.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d prefer he went. You just don’t know what player you are going to get and I hate that. 

This. It is only my opinion but if I see BT come on 2nd half and were drawing or one goal ahead then I am nervous he'll do one of his 60 yard, across pitch casual passes in our own half.

If we're 6-0 up however, then fine bring him on.

Mercurial or mishap....often both.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

It would be an option to play McGinn there too. 

I have a lot of time for Bertie but we don't really need him with the way we set up now. 

20 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

It would be an option to play McGinn there too. 

I have a lot of time for Bertie but we don't really need him with the way we set up now. 

Yeah, imagine McGinn ambling towards the opposition box, arse out, before taking a minute to line up a shot that goes 8 yards above the crossbar. No thanks.

Found it odd that Traore didn't feature in the Man Utd game. Be interesting to see if him or Guilbert are used vs Rennes. Presume if they don't then that is them gone.

what i also don't get is how a player comes to Villa and is immediately rendered unsignable and has no value whatsoever, we have to pay teams to take our players on loan.

Edited by VillanousOne

38 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Whatever your opinion on mcginn, he doesn't amble. Always full of energy busting a gut

completely disagree. I've seen him countless times lazily tracking back, ambling around on the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah, imagine McGinn ambling towards the opposition box, arse out, before taking a minute to line up a shot that goes 8 yards above the crossbar. No thanks.

In fairness that arse is pretty much key to Villa success this season !

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Whatever your opinion on mcginn, he doesn't amble. Always full of energy busting a gut

One of the laziest players to track back, sprints forward and waddles back, always seems to point for others to mark players that have gone past him

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

One of the laziest players to track back, sprints forward and waddles back, always seems to point for others to mark players that have gone past him

Incredible that he averaged the most tackles in a game (by some distance) in our entire team with such complete lack of effort.