Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think we should be 2 or 3 places up the league in management alone, the squad is there, strikers in particular, Gerrard has to make them 2 work, we have top 10 strikers options he has to give them the confidence and training to get them firing

add to that, again striker in particular, he now needs to get the squad together and have a good look at it, see who has come back fit, see who has come back better, i know he said he wants to do his shopping before oz but i think he needs a month to assess his options and see what's already there, Archer jumps out at me so does KKH

then we can go shopping again, replace who we can sell, the 3 england U19 boys wont be ready, sanson and luiz create a problem because im not sure we will shift them easily, next summer and the next couple of summers isn't so much a rebuild its integration 

I think we're a new CM and a fully fit motivated well managed team away from top 10 personally, at some point Gerrard has to do his job! that could be the difference this summer

Spot on.

We "should" be top 10 as it stands (assuming both Carlos and Kamara do well enough).  I sort of see places 7 to 12 as being a bit of a lottery and we are absolutely one of the teams with a ticket.  FWIW, I think our squad is capable of pushing for a top 6 finish but we definitely need to be more consistent.  Last season was disappointing overall, but there were some good signs for sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

TMUS group or something along those lines, I don't know if they are a newer agency or not. They tend to have a lot of u21 players come in to see them and a few directors of clubs. Who knows lol, I don't want to get anyones hopes up here just relaying what i've been told. If it helps he did say they have met with Purslow and co for lunches before the season ended

Now to find out who they’re represent 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866ump74fg1jh4v7cxn5

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

gerrard wouldnt have come if he wasnt going to be heavily backed

To an extent.

He said location was a factor - as he was only seeing his kids at the weekend.

'heavily backed' is relative. You could argue Countinho, Digne, Kamara, Carlos  is being heavily backed - maybe more in wages than fees - but backing none the less.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

You really think a couple more players will bridge that gap ?

We signed 2 additional players to make an impact at first team level.  Most of our players are international or borderline international.

Top 10 imo should be achievable with what we have. 

Beyond that it's the law of diminishing returns - you would have to spend massively more to get top 6 let alone top 4.

Let's not forget before NSWE we were an absolute basket case of a club - top 10 is fine with me.

If they are of significant quality and an improvement on what we have at CM and ST then yes. I think we'll certainly be on a par with Leicester and West Ham who IMO will be fighting for that final European spot. 

19 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

It's been said on record as well that some of the deals will happen later into the summer. I don't know if we have all been spoilt by the last few years or so but most of the players we want are going to take time to thrash out the deal. Also teams need to have time to find a replacement for the player we want so may hold up the deal, so i'd imagine there's a lot going on in the background and we'll get something soon.

I think the problem is that people would prefer these signings in before the pre season starts to they can blend with the rest of the squad. If we sign somebody from abroad in mid August it could be a couple of months before they have settled in and are ready to play

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If they are of significant quality and an improvement on what we have at CM and ST then yes. I think we'll certainly be on a par with Leicester and West Ham who IMO will be fighting for that final European spot. 

Leicester are looking like losing Tielemans and have signed the square root of f**k all so far. 

They have a number of ageing players in their squad. 

If we have a forum full of moaning myrtles after signing two huge improvements, imagine how there fans must be feeling. 

They need a massive July in terms of signings to be "fighting for that final European spot" imo. 

• Like 2

Just now, Steero113 said:

Leicester are looking like losing Tielemans and have signed the square root of f**k all so far. 

They have a number of ageing players in their squad. 

If we have a forum full of moaning myrtles after signing two huge improvements, imagine how there fans must be feeling. 

They need a massive July in terms of signings to be "fighting for that final European spot" imo. 

Tielemans still there. If he leaves Leicester are usually very good in the market and will likely replace him well. They also have no Europe and despite having what was considered a 'poor' season last season they still finished 8th. 

I actually think Leicester are probably regressing a bit and agree with you on that, but still would have to them finish above us as it stands. 

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Jealous. Leeds getting Sinisterra. We don't need him but I really like him as a player

Yep. Fantastic player, but wouldn't fit in here as he's a winger. Man I hope the plan of no width from anyone except the full backs comes off.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Tielemans still there. If he leaves Leicester are usually very good in the market and will likely replace him well. They also have no Europe and despite having what was considered a 'poor' season last season they still finished 8th. 

I actually think Leicester are probably regressing a bit and agree with you on that, but still would have to them finish above us as it stands. 

Not much money in duty free . And especially the last 2 years of lockdown and empty airports. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the problem is that people would prefer these signings in before the pre season starts to they can blend with the rest of the squad. If we sign somebody from abroad in mid August it could be a couple of months before they have settled in and are ready to play

That's true and understandable, I'd prefer that to be the case as well. However I do get that some of our targets maybe wanted to see who we land first before making a decision, then also we need to consider that players will wait out for maybe another club to come in that's playing European football (Bissouma) so we could have deals in place, but it is out of our control.

31 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Two of them are new (Kamara and Carlos). Three were here last season (one from the start and two from January). 

I don't see the problem. We've signed 5 players. You meant net 2 more from last season. It's still 5 signings.

Anyway, we're not done.