Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

On 25/05/2022 at 20:40, WallisFrizz said:

You do all realise Soucek has had a really poor season and that’s why they are selling him? The idea of swapping him with Watkins is ludicrous.

Watkins also had a very poor season does that mean he is no good?

I like soucek i definitely think he would be a excellent signing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

What has he done to deserve a chance? He has managed nearly 30 games and has offered little so far

I dont care what his name is. Ronald McDonald might do better 

You could say the same when smith was appointed though 

I personally dont think you have given gerrard much of  a chance

Martinez (New)

Cash, KKH

Digne (Bassey) 

(Tarkowski), Konsa

Carlos, Chambers 

Kamara, Nakamba, Tim

(Bissouma), McGinn

Luiz, Ramsey 

Buendia, Bailey 

Coutinho, Carney 

(New), Watkins, Ings 

25th Man - Young 

Sell - Kalanic, Guilbert, Mings, Hause, Targett, Sanson, Trez, El Ghazi, Traore, Davis - there’s almost 100m in there I reckon 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Martinez (New)

Cash, KKH

Digne (Bassey) 

(Tarkowski), Konsa

Carlos, Chambers 

Kamara, Nakamba, Tim

(Bissouma), McGinn

Luiz, Ramsey 

Buendia, Bailey 

Coutinho, Carney 

(New), Watkins, Ings 

25th Man - Young 

Sell - Kalanic, Guilbert, Mings, Hause, Targett, Sanson, Trez, El Ghazi, Traore, Davis - there’s almost 100m in there I reckon 

Selling Ming's but keeping Bailey.......OK

Don’t know whether Carlos speaks English or not and it’s not the be all and end all but we also need to be mindful or creating/keeping a harmonious dressing room and avoiding the clique issues that United have had troubles with this season. Also harder to be a leader on the pitch if you’re teammates don’t understand you. 
When we were newly promoted and signed a load of new foreign players, I’m sure one of the players (McGinn?) mentioned later in the season it took a long while for people to click (made more difficult by new languages and cultures) and that transferred on to the pitch. 

• Like 1

Despite the big names coming in the thing I’m happiest about with is how early we are getting them in. 

Pre season is such a crucial time and signings players at the end of pre season so after the first game always has a lagging effect on the teams start. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Despite the big names coming in the thing I’m happiest about with is how early we are getting them in. 

Pre season is such a crucial time and signings players at the end of pre season so after the first game always has a lagging effect on the teams start. 

I can understand why it doesn’t get done early, if I was a pro the day after the season finishes i would off into the sun for 2 months. 

Getting these done earlier means we’ve been negotiating for a long time I imagine, giving the players time to delay their holidays so we can seal the deal. 

• Like 1

I keep thinking about the danger of making wholesale changes to the team, but then realised that our longest serving players (currently active in the first team) are:

McGinn, August 2018
Mings - January 2019
Hause - January 2019

Expand that the players currently on loan and you’ve got: 

Hourihane - January 2017

Kalinic - January 2019

Steer - July 2013

Loyalty / longevity really aren’t important to the modern game. At best, longevity has been redefined to mean ‘four years’! Shows the tremendous change in the club’s fortunes. Perhaps the change in manager was inevitable to help facilitate this transition. 

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Watkins also had a very poor season does that mean he is no good?

I like soucek i definitely think he would be a excellent signing.

Not suited to the football we want to play, would mean dropping Ramsey. No from me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Not suited to the football we want to play, would mean dropping Ramsey. No from me.

Or rotation which we desperately need? We need squad depth. If luiz and sanson go soucek would be a very good option.

But west ham will want silly money for him so i cant see it.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Or rotation which we desperately need? We need squad depth. If luiz and sanson go soucek would be a very good option.

But west ham will want silly money for him so i cant see it.

If Luiz goes we will still have Mcginn. We also have Chucky and Tim coming through. Maybe Sanson as well.

Edited by Philosopher

23 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I can understand why it doesn’t get done early, if I was a pro the day after the season finishes i would off into the sun for 2 months. 

Getting these done earlier means we’ve been negotiating for a long time I imagine, giving the players time to delay their holidays so we can seal the deal. 

Unless I’m mistaken it also means we’re paying them throughout the summer. So Carlos and Boubar on £125k each (a guess on my part), that’s a million extra a month.

Not complaining, I’d rather that than scramble about towards the end of the window. But it’s a factor. Price of doing business.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Unless I’m mistaken it also means we’re paying them throughout the summer. So Carlos and Boubar on £125k each (a guess on my part), that’s a million extra a month.

Not complaining, I’d rather that than scramble about towards the end of the window. But it’s a factor. Price of doing business.

All footballers contracts in the uk run to the end of June. I believe it’s the same in Europe. It’s likely that new contracts therefore run June to June. I think the last months wages are effectively holiday pay and players are free to leave at the end of their deals at the end of May. Maybe it’s changed, but that’s how it was explained to me ages ago.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nobody wants to listen when I said it before. His win rate is literally identical to Sherwood and Tim had a shitter team just with Benteke

I do think there is a hype because we have bought good players but I am not confident we will be a good team. Its a bit Brucey for my liking. Pass to Coutinho/Buendia they will score 

Having better players is a safety device, we're less likely to lose against bad teams even if the tactics are off because they can create a 'moment of magic'. That said, there's no reason that I can see to think Gerrard is as bad tactically as Sherwood was. 

But the quality of players is just substantively different. We're not going to be signing anyone like Rudy Gestede this summer. 

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Why? As much as I fear how it would return against us, But Tarkowski  is an upgrade I guess. 

Tarkowski appears to be testing the limits of how bad at passing a professional footballer can possibly be. 

I'm not keen myself.