Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

46 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I don't think it's a good idea to put a goalscoring midfielder at DM and put your new DM into a b2b role.

Just trying to be like my hero.

Steve Bruce.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Looks like the Tarkowski deal is unlikely now. I wonder was it all a smokescreen from his agent? Get the media talking about different clubs to get the wages up?

I assume he was on the list if we failed to land Carlos

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well Konsa and Nakamba as they're players being replaced by Kamara / Carlos

Konsa will probanly be kept id imagine now with the injury. I do think it could be mings who goes esp if tarkowski is signed.

So with the signings of Coutinho and Carlos, plus a proper DM does anyone else think Douglas Luiz 8s more likely to sign a new deal rather than leave?

I think if Luiz leaves it's because Gerrard doesn't want him!

TBF Gerrard is right to want to change the spine because they are the weak link and directly hamper our attacking players. The centre of defence and midfield have had long enough to prove they are upto the job, and they have fallen well short. Time to say thanks to those players I think but move on.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Konsa will probanly be kept id imagine now with the injury. I do think it could be mings who goes esp if tarkowski is signed.

I just never saw Tarkowski as a legitimate signing. I also don't see a point of selling one of your first choice CB's just because you bought a quality CB. Surely if you want to improve and become a top 6 team then replacing back ups with first team quality players is the way to go!

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

So with the signings of Coutinho and Carlos, plus a proper DM does anyone else think Douglas Luiz 8s more likely to sign a new deal rather than leave?

I think if Luiz leaves it's because Gerrard doesn't want him!

Kamara doesn't do it for you?

Would be happy if Luiz signed a new deal for sure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont disagree I have always said Arteta is a bluffer 😛

I just worry the club are going all in on a rookie and lets be honest we are definitely going all in this summer

I think we are going all in BUT I think the players we are buying and looking to buy would be very useable by any manager!  That is the benefit of having Lange and crew??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

If we can land Suarez I then assume we now focus on shifting players on. Then we look at further additions. 

Targett, Traore, Sanson, Luis seem the 4 we need to shift to bring in some proper money.

Nah i still think at least another midfielder is a priority, even before/without moving anyone one.

Everything else is probably then supplemental.

Yes our strikers have been hot and cold this season, but i'd be ok if we didn't sign a forward, and just solidified the Center of the park and defence.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah i still think at least another midfielder is a priority, even before moving anyone one.

Everything else is probably then supplemental.

Yes our strikers have been hot and cold this season, but i'd be ok if we didn't sign a forward, and just solidified the Center of the park and defence.

I'm the same.  Build from the back first, the rest will come.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

What has he done to deserve a chance? He has managed nearly 30 games and has offered little so far

I dont care what his name is. Ronald McDonald might do better 

I'm sure I saw that, based on games since he took over, we would be 9th in the table?? Compared to 16th, from memory, when he came in?? Ant the Gerard period also includes 2 games each v Citeh and Plop.

That's not too bad given that he has been missing any kind of DCM - crucial to his system - since Nakamba got injured early on.

I am not 100% convinced as yet but I am a million miles away from your position.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree with this, it is very much a case of getting the right balance. I also believe that players in general will need to accept that it is a squad game now and being on the bench is a fact of life now for almost all of them. Particularly with 5 subs next season. 

I have been told, by someone who knows the Grealish entourage quite well, that part of his logic for going there was that he wouldn't have to play as much due to squad depth and that would give his shins a rest/elongate his career. Makes sense - some players accepting squad/rotation as a positive.

5 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm sure I saw that, based on games since he took over, we would be 9th in the table?? Compared to 16th, from memory, when he came in?? Ant the Gerard period also includes 2 games each v Citeh and Plop.

That's not too bad given that he has been missing any kind of DCM - crucial to his system - since Nakamba got injured early on.

I am not 100% convinced as yet but I am a million miles away from your position.

Let the circular , daily arguments commence...

YARN | Oh, boy. Here we go. | Me, Myself & Irene (2000) | Video clips by  quotes | 2d3505f1 | 紗

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let the circular , daily arguments commence...

YARN | Oh, boy. Here we go. | Me, Myself & Irene (2000) | Video clips by  quotes | 2d3505f1 | 紗

Sounds like it is time for me to get on with some work. 😂