Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

20 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I think we are going all in BUT I think the players we are buying and looking to buy would be very useable by any manager!  That is the benefit of having Lange and crew??

This is why I don't criticise the business we are doing. I Don’t have full faith in Gerrard, just hope. But the players we are buying are balancing the squad nicely, while.improving the quality, so it's good business regardless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

I have been told, by someone who knows the Grealish entourage quite well, that part of his logic for going there was that he wouldn't have to play as much due to squad depth and that would give his shins a rest/elongate his career. Makes sense - some players accepting squad/rotation as a positive.

I’ve often thought that was quite likely part of the reason he left and to some extent was probably part of the pitch Man City gave him.  That doesn’t stop me sneering every time he’s on the bench though obviously. 

This thread is very funny because it omits that we signed Kamara who is only 22 and that we have one of the best academies in the country. Plus, we have a lot of money and players to sell. People are getting triggered. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This thread is very funny because it omits that we signed Kamara who is only 22 and that we have one of the best academies in the country. Plus, we have a lot of money and players to sell. People are getting triggered. 

I would say its spot on and people on here have been worried about similar for the last few months

Its a huge red flag if outsiders can see it and some fans can see it

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

I would say its spot on and people on here have been worried about similar for the last few months

Is it though? It’s very clear what the strategy is - who cares what rival fans think? It’s very clear that the thinking is about the calibre of player the club can attract in the short and long term. The club is in a position to spend bigger so why shouldn’t it?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Is it though? It’s very clear what the strategy is - who cares what rival fans think? It’s very clear that the thinking is about the calibre of player the club can attract in the short and long term. The club is in a position to spend bigger so why shouldn’t it?

Because the truth is, it's less about WHAT we are spending, and more about WHO is spending it.

Whilst we try to dance around the gargantuan elephant in the room, we actually know exactly what is at play here. Lol

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I dont care what rival fans think but this isnt some hit piece on Villa. Its actually accurate to what is happening and has been said multiple times on here

Its a terrible strategy and as rightfully said by somebody in that thread in 3 years we will be in a similar position to Everton if it fails and if honest we have probably about 25 percent chance of succeeding to break into the cartel so more than likely will fail and back to the start.

It reeks of a more high profile Bruce or MON transfer strategy they also had the odd Young/McGinn signing which is Kamara now. The only reason he isnt being labelled a dinosaur is that he has signed high profile players :P 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I dont care what rival fans think but this isnt some hit piece on Villa. Its actually accurate to what is happening and has been said multiple times on here

Its a terrible strategy and as rightfully said by somebody in that thread in 3 years we will be in a similar position to Everton if it fails and if honest we have probably about 25 percent chance of succeeding to break into the cartel so more than likely will fail and back to the start.

It reeks of a more high profile Bruce or MON transfer strategy they also had the odd Young/McGinn signing which is Kamara now. The only reason he isnt being labelled a dinosaur is that he has signed high profile players :P 

The point is simple:

Coutinho and Carlos aren’t brought in for resell - it’s about surrounding younger players with top calibre talent and experience. With 5 subs we will see a lot more of the academy talents next year. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its afir to say gerrard is building a new spine of the team. Clearly unhappy of the current one. Carlos and kamara hoepfully is a lot stronger than mings-nakamba

Yeah, the team has lacked a decent spine for a while! The Keeper side is locked in, bringing in that CDM goes a long way to curing the problem we have had in Midfield, strengthening the defense as well was something we needed. Still say we need a new striker, a clinical finisher is not going to be cheap though. Unless Watkins is going to have some touch training, because at the moment he is like a bumper in a pin ball machine.

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

F*** what outsiders think or rival fans. Let them worry about their own business and Purslow and Co worry about ours. Chin up ffs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This Nick fella does bring up some valid points. 

We are going all in to make European football… but why, what’s the rush?

We do need to make upgrades to the squad, however. It’s players in their prime. Because we need Success now!!! But why?

why can’t we have it in 5 or even 10 years time, with players brought right through the system. All on reasonable fees and reasonable ages to sustain a long run at success. 

players like Phil and Carlos and Digne are only going to give a few years and then we either have to move them on some how, or pay their wages as they struggle with late career situations. 

both Man City and Liverpool has built there teams a few years back and now their best players are in the back ends of their primes. But both Liverpool and city have brought in players that are getting prepared to replace the best in the squads. 

Overall we are spending a high price for instant success.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's the new " We are doing a Fulham ".... Get with the times!

Doing an Everton is better than doing a Fulham, I guess...  Would rather do a Leicester, though.  

No surprise that that 'thread' of tweets has come from a Wolves fan, take no notice whatsoever what they say, whatever we do in the transfer market they'd try and twist it into some sort of negative, should concentrate on their own team's transfer strategy, only allowed to buy players from certain clubs and forever having to sell their best players, will catch up with them eventually, Neves probably leaving this summer.

What he says about us doesn't even makes sense, he talks as if we're filling the whole squad with thirty plus year olds, but only references Costa and Coutinho, both of whom are 29, and will be fine for another three or four years, if we sign Suarez that will probably be for just one or two years.

We've been lacking experience, and now that's being addressed, this ideal of being a team that only signs players under 25 year olds is all well and good, but if you look at the most succesful teams they always have a bunch of more experienced players to help the younger ones, current Liverpool and Man City squads both have six players over thirty.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The only reason he isnt being labelled a dinosaur is that he has signed high profile players :P 

And he’s about 20 years younger than Steve Bruce and has just signed a 22 year old who was wanted by a host of top clubs. If you think a Wolves fan has got a balanced unbiased view of the Villa then you probably need to up the dosage. 

23 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Whatever metric you want to use Villa are either 4th, 5th or 6th in youngest squad last season. That is after our January signings. 

Now next season you'll see Archer, Kamara and KKH added to the squad. You'll see older players like AEG, Trezeguet, Sanson etc.. depart. 

We could be signing Bassey who's 22. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Well.

That thread lists all the concerns I've been talking about since January.

And here we are again buying a 29 year old and maybe 35-year-old Suarez on a free.

If it succeeds now great. If it doesn't, what happens next summer? We cannot keep spending every year due to FFP.

I'd like to see more Kamara's before more Carlos' through the door.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

And he’s about 20 years younger than Steve Bruce and has just signed a 22 year old who was wanted by a host of top clubs. If you think a Wolves fan has got a balanced unbiased view of the Villa then you probably need to up the dosage. 

Exactly. If you ever venture on to their forums they are all highly qualified finance experts that think we are pushing ffp limits and have owners that are gambling with the future of the football club. And that they hope that is the case. They always forget to mention the 100 mill net profit on Grealish under FfP rules and the academy .