Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

26 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Aribo would be an interesting one, we don't have many tall outfield players so he would add a bit of height and Gerrard seems to rate him. You would think he would pick us out of Brentford and Palace, but then again he is from Camberwell and might fancy being around the corner from home and playing in a skilful team under Veira. Not too fussed about that one, if it comes off then be interesting to see but if not then I don't think it would be a huge loss.

Albeit, we do need some height in there, to give us options.

We also need some 80's rated players,as opposed to 70's....... if Fifa ratings can be trusted.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Arsenal have agreed a deal for Aaron Hickey 🤔

I never saw us getting Hickey, not after paying £25m for Digne, and having a first choice right back in Cash.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Arsenal have agreed a deal for Hickey 🤔

Yeah missed out here by messing around for 2 Windows. I know he'll have more opportunities at Arsenal due to them being in an extra competition (and in Europe).

But they'll have Tierney, Tavares and Hickey. Assume Tavares will be moved on pretty sharpish but Hickey will always be second to Tierney so you'd assume he'd have also come here with a genuinely opportunity to unseat Targett previously or an ageing Digne now.

Oh well. We'll need to get the next one, or perhaps Chrisene is impressing in training and we'll have him and Young to cover Digne for another season

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Arsenal have agreed a deal for Aaron Hickey 🤔

Maybe we wasn't as interested as some maintained?

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brief link to Manuel Akanji but its HITC so probably not real interest

Guess he could on the way out since Dortmund signed Schlotterbeck and Sule?

Edited by sne

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess he could on the way out since Dortmund signed Schlotterbeck and Sule?

He wont sign a new contract. Him and Mings would be the most intellectual centre back partnership in the league 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't Arsenal have 2 Left Backs?

Tavares is on loan I think, they have him and Tierney, probably got kolasinic or whatever his name is on the books too

With European football they can attract a better level of back up than we can

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Because kids and grown up love him so

The reactions available can't do justice to how I truly reacted to this when I read it. Brilliant.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Tavares is on loan I think, they have him and Tierney, probably got kolasinic or whatever his name is on the books too

With European football they can attract a better level of back up than we can

Wonder if they'll be prettily trying to give us a dose of our own medicine this summer.

Knocking targets and trying for a couple of ours?

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Our coaching team has spent years around the rangers squad and plenty of time around our squad. If they feel a rangers player is worth buying and would improve our squad then I trust their judgement

I do find it incredible the lack of respect shown to Rangers players. They have reached a major European Final. Surely one or two of them wouldn’t embarrass themselves playing for a mid table Premiership side. Aribo, Bassey, Tavernier and Kent would walk into the majority of Premiership teams. Kamara of last year as well but he has gone right off the boil. Agreed, Scottish League is a joke but Rangers have and are doing it in Europe. If Aribo was playing for a Danish team that reached Europa League Final and was linked with Villa, I believe there would be hardly any dissenting voices. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Akanji is very good

He's one of those that I've never seen play and there seem to be such mixed views on that I wouldn't know what to think if we signed him.

• Like 1