Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would like a player "like" lukaku, but tbh i have always questioned his mentality, trouble always seems to follow him around.

Does it? Seems to have only fallen out with Tuchel and seems a decent humble guy

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would like a player "like" lukaku, but tbh i have always questioned his mentality, trouble always seems to follow him around.

Said before Lukakus problem is his body belies what he actually is, he's a 6ft 4 18 stone Michael Owen, his game is or was sharpness and speed, movement in the box, play the ball in front of him with him facing goal, one touch first time finish 

This back to goal hold the ball stuff is nonsense, him dropping deep to come play football, bomb all of that off he's no good at it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said before Lukakus problem is his body belies what he actually is, he's a 6ft 4 18 stone Michael Owen, his game is or was sharpness and speed, movement in the box, play the ball in front of him with him facing goal, one touch first time finish 

This back to goal hold the ball stuff is nonsense, him dropping deep to come play football, bomb all of that off he's no good at it

That's literally how he played for Conte at Inter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

In

LB
RB
CB
DCM
CM
ST

Out

AEG
Trez
Luiz :( 
Davis
Sanson
Hause

Something like that maybe

Not a RB, we have Cash, KKH, Chambers. Even if we loan KKH, that LB will probably be Hickey and will cover both RB & LB.

Even then it assumes we sell Guilbert. No need to buy a RB imo (particularly if we finally get Hickey)

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not a RB, we have Cash, KKH, Chambers. Even if we loan KKH, that LB will probably be Hickey and will cover both RB & LB.

Even then it assumes we sell Guilbert. No need to buy a RB imo (particularly if we finally get Hickey)

Ah I didn't know Hickey could play both LB and RB, fair one. 

12 hours ago, TRO said:

Jack was a boyhood Villa fan?..he still left.

I'm talking about the types of players and just using them as examples......We signed Gareth Barry as a youngster, why didn't we repalce him, when he left......we have just signed attacking midfielders and wingers......I hope its changed now and I hope we change that when the window opens.

There’s a difference in leaving your boyhood club for the reigning PL champs & leaving your boyhood club for their biggest / most fierce rival

we signed Iroegbunam, Swinkles, Feeney, Kerr Smith, Bogarde, Lindsey, Chrisine etc. that all have a defensive side in their game for our academy 

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

Recent examples would be England youth captain Josh Feeney and just made his debut Tim Iroegbunam.

yes and its a welcome change.

It's a good sign that Gerrard wants the signings in before the tour of Oz starts, means no faffing about with transfers dragging on like Smith-Rowe/Ward-Prowse.  A proper pre-season in and hoepfully get off to a flying start in the league.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

It's a good sign that Gerrard wants the signings in before the tour of Oz starts, means no faffing about with transfers dragging on like Smith-Rowe/Ward-Prowse.  A proper pre-season in and hoepfully get off to a flying start in the league.

I think we like to do business early in a window and things outside our control cause them to drag on. Hopefully we can land our CDM quickly. Phillips if Leeds relegated. Kamara as he's on a free hopefully he decides when season is over. Etc..

18 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Where does this team finish…

—————————Watkins—————————
——————Coutinho—Buendia——————
———Ramsey—Phillips—Bissouma———
Digne———Mings———Gomez———Cash
—————————Martinez—————————

?

The narrow formation with everyone in the middle of the pitch?

13th or lower.

3421 and I'm more interested. Hope Gerrard moves towards this if he decides to start Buendia and Coutinho at the same time.

25 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we like to do business early in a window and things outside our control cause them to drag on. Hopefully we can land our CDM quickly. Phillips if Leeds relegated. Kamara as he's on a free hopefully he decides when season is over. Etc..

Yeah, i'd like the bulk of the new signing in so they can get a few pre-season games in.  Hopefully no transfer sagas that drag on.

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They didn't drag on... We had a budget, we made inquiries/tried to negotiate, then moved on to other targets when we were priced out.  When all our CM targets were not available for the price we wanted, we held off on signing anyone last summer and decided to try again in the future.  It only looked like we were screwing around because the army of fake ITK journalists seemed to think that we were just negotiating for weeks on end when the announcement wasn't made.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nicho said:

From the clips Ive seen I still like Cheikh Doucoure, its a real shame Nakamba cant pass the ball. 

Yeah it felt like a no brainer to get that one over the line last year, our top targets fell through, he was available, we could've convinced him to come and he'd have been an upgrade and given us genuine options. 

Would happily revisit that too. Its easy to get sidetracked with the names or the players linked to Atleti etc. But Sangare, Doucoure etc. Would all be solid signings too. We simply have to fix it this summer. It's been too long now. 

It's a difficult position to fix. Man Utd have struggled to really fill it with the likes of Schneiderlin, Matic, Fred, McTominay and havent found a working formula yet and haven't been able to add the right player for years. Arsenal have the now-almost-comical inability to replace Viera, although Partey is looking good.

It's not an easy position to fix but we have a real opportunity this summer and we have to fix it. Kondogbia, Kamara, Philips, Sangare, Doucoure, Bissouma are all available and nearly all of them could be on the move. It's time to get one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nicho said:

From the clips Ive seen I still like Cheikh Doucoure, its a real shame Nakamba cant pass the ball. 

Ah the mythical Cheikh Doucoure.

Has the best stats out of every young DM in europe but nobody ever signs him.

There must be a reason.

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yeah, i'd like the bulk of the new signing in so they can get a few pre-season games in.  Hopefully no transfer sagas that drag on.

I think every manager would like the players in early in the window. 

However agents will hang out to be sure to get the best deal + clubs will want replacements in the pipeline before they sell certain players - so it's not always possible.

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Ah the mythical Cheikh Doucoure.

Has the best stats out of every young DM in europe but nobody ever signs him.

There must be a reason.

He's waiting for villa to bid ?