Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Rashford apparently wants out and only has one year left on contract. Never been convinced of his finishing skills, but no doubt he’s a good player….

It's an interesting one. I think he could do with a move away from United and there is a player in there, for sure. Villa would be a good club for him, no doubt. 

Not sure what his wages would be, nor the fee. The contract situation might mean he would be available for a gettable fee (30-40m). 

Rashford crossed my mind too as I’d doubt Chelsea, Liverpool would be after him given his last year. Spurs or Arsenal possibly, Newcastle will throw big money at him. 

Would he be a striker for us? We have too many forwards as it is now we are only playing one 10. 

14 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Rashford crossed my mind too as I’d doubt Chelsea, Liverpool would be after him given his last year. Spurs or Arsenal possibly, Newcastle will throw big money at him. 

Agreed or somewhere abroad, if he does go. He's not looking likely to end up as the top player that he looked capable of becoming, other than in his own mind, imo. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'd take Rashford. But something tells me United will only allow him to leave for an obscene price.

Could see them going for a deal like city did with us for Dougie, that option to bring him back for set fee but wages would possibly be a stumbling block

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe, but would that really suit his image? 

I understand what you’re saying, as he appears to be a well grounded young man with morals but the money would help 😉 

I think the fee Manure would be seeking, despite his contract running down would still be astronomical and that may put us off but imagine Newcastle would pay whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe, but would that really suit his image? 

Depends on how you see his ‘image’. Roy Keane has said Rashford needs to get on with ‘the day job’. Perhaps his other interests are affecting his on field performance - his help the poor activities are very worthy but the circus surrounding this seems to have taken too much of his attention.

Yeah don't see there is a deal to had with Rashford. Also don't see where he fits in unless we sell Ings and or Watkins.

For the money he will cost he's not worth it.

Absolutely not on Rashford.

Ive been calling him shit for over 2 years, and while that might be a bit too far it was against the over hype he already had.

He scored 21 goals last season and yet if he isnt doing that he isnt doing anything, hes a liability to his team defensively, a risk offensively as he loses the ball so often. Hes not a bad player, hes just not good enough for United, England and Id probably say any top 10 team. I dont think he has improved since he was about 19 and while that made him a great 19 year old it makes him a stagnant 25 year old. 

Maybe just needs a fresh start, I dont want it to be with us. 

• Like 1