Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Good addition to the squad. I do find it rather strange that at 27, similar to Hause, they signed a deal to basically accept being back up despite doing that for years before it. You'd think they would rather get some first team football at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Hause as back up LCB and Chambers as back up RCB, doesn't have to be one or the other?

Yeah, three CBs is dangerous as all it takes is one of Konsa/Mings to get three month injury and we're then effectively down to two CBs and results will inevitably start to suffer so simply need four CBs for half a season. Chambers will likely fill in at RB to get some minutes at some stage you'd guess.

Not sure but I feel he may have played at DM at some point for Arsenal but I'd be amazed if that's our solution to fill that role unless we've been priced out of all our main targets.

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He will very rarely play and we’ve paid pennies for him, can’t really complain. Let’s get that CM in now to complete a fantastic window.

whats the alleged transfer cost?

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah, three CBs is dangerous as all it takes is one of Konsa/Mings to get three month injury and we're then effectively down to two CBs and results will inevitably start to suffer so simply need four CBs for half a season. Chambers will likely fill in at RB to get some minutes at some stage you'd guess.

Not sure but I feel he may have played at DM at some point for Arsenal but I'd be amazed if that's our solution to fill that role unless we've been priced out of all our main targets.

Played defensive midfield for Fulham 

• Like 1

Â