Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Well that was horrid Calum. Diego is out for the season, so we need better cover for the bad days of Mings and Konsa.

Is he? I thought he was coming back early in the new year?

While he deserves to be cut a bit of slack due to limited game time this season, he looked very slow and once United worked it out, they were targeting him all throughout the second half. Once Diego is back from injury, I think it’s back to 4th choice for Chambers.

23 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Well that was horrid Calum. Diego is out for the season, so we need better cover for the bad days of Mings and Konsa.

Diego is out for the season, steady on, no he's not. Or if he is, doubt if he even realizes it yet, as there would need to be a significant setback. Hopefully not. He's been back at Bodymoor doing light work this week, was all smiles for the cameras.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him kicking balls again in December, then hard training early January with some game time after that.

Edited by est1874

There’s a clear possibility Emery will focus on getting in CBs with recovery pace and who are comfortable on the ball. We don’t really have that, at least not without Carlos. Mings is more comfortable as a firefighter in the box. Chambers is very slow. Konsa is shaky with the ball. Bednarek is Bednarek.

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

There’s a clear possibility Emery will focus on getting in CBs with recovery pace and who are comfortable on the ball. We don’t really have that, at least not without Carlos. Mings is more comfortable as a firefighter in the box. Chambers is very slow. Konsa is shaky with the ball. Bednarek is Bednarek.

Bednarek is Bednarek 😅

couldn't have put it better myself.

I rated him when he first came through at Southampton (granted that was at RB), but my opinion of him quickly changed, and his performances for us have just cemented that opinion even further. He's really poor.

Edited by Tom13

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

With regards to Diego achilles injuries are an absolute nightmare. There's every chance his pace will be gone

Yes sadly i think your right at 29 too its looking that way. Fortunately for us its not just his pace we signed him for. He is a bloody good defender. Certainly a step up from chambers.

We got chambers quite cheap to be honest. A good squad player thats all

Â