Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Villa fans who apparently watch a a lot of Serie A and play a lot of Football Manager "wow what a signing this would be"
Juventus fans who actually watch every single Juventus games "He's terrible cant wait to get rid of him"

He does play for that unknown team in that unknown league. I dont even think they play in that midweek tournament for similar unknown teams

Well his YouTube highlight reel has him winning the ball a fair bit so if he's not a DM, that's a nice bonus. 

That said, over enough games, these instinces will rack up enough to make a video. 

I know nothing about the fella. That said, I absolutely don't trust what forums say about players either. 

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Do we have any avid followers of Italian football especially Juve to give us a better idea…. @romavillan do you know or anybody you know?

He is fine, the problem is Juventus midfield is very meh at the moment. Bentancur, Locatelli, Rabiot and McKennie have been rotating mostly this season but none are brilliant and its a huge weakness position for them. They are good players but not top quality and they cannot find a balance at the moment

He might be OK in a change of scenery but he is not the mythical DM people are calling out for but he is 6 foot 2 so at least some people will be happy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is fine, the problem is Juventus midfield is very meh at the moment. Bentancur, Locatelli, Rabiot and McKennie have been rotating mostly this season but none are brilliant and its a huge weakness position for them. They are good players but not top quality and they cannot find a balance at the moment

He might be OK in a change of scenery but he is not the mythical DM people are calling out for but he is 6 foot 2 so at least some people will be happy 

Not particularly good in the air thou, and a bit ponderous on the ball. :)

Edited by sne

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree mostly, the reason I’m not negative is I trust Gerrard and the team to know what we need, so if they go for this guy, they believe in him.  It’s hard to trust fans from other forums because we know what our fans are like sometimes so I have to put trust in our club experts because we’ve done good under them transfer wise imo.

Also £16m isn’t going to kill us financially.  Just missing out on a top DM will.

I am with u on trusting Gerrard and the team to get the right man in, if we buy him I will obviously support him. I just wouldn't be over the moon with him though. If we signed Bissouma or Kamara  I would be a very happy bunny and I wouldn't need to rely on my trust of the team buying players :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

6'2 with xH of 5'4

That’s similar to me, I’m just over 6ft but with the weight of a 6ft 3 guy.  I always said I wasn’t overweight, just under tall, so I can relate to him 😉😂

Gerrard has stated he wants two quality players per position… Wouldn’t that then make Bentancur competing with Sanson, McGinn & Luiz at CM. Ramsey & Chuck covering #10. Nakamba & ?? as DM so still scope for kamara DM/CB with Bissouma unrealistic this window me thinks. 

Edited by thabucks

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can't say I've watched much of him, however he does look quite similar to Luiz. Bissouma would most likely be much more expensive, however he's a near guaranteed quantity. I'd rather get the best dedicated dm we can or no one at all this window and wait for the right player.

Also stats are misleading, only a few tweets before that, VillaAnalytics was slating Digne as not an upgrade on targett based on his stats, when anyone who has actually watched him play football could tell you how wrong he is.

Stats are important but only tell a small part of the story. If Gerrard and the scouting team think Bentacour is the man, I trust that.

Edited by VillaJay
  • Like 2

Can’t find a decent word about him from any Juve fan, I’m starting to be worried.  The best I can see is he was good a few years ago under Allegri and looked to have a good future but last few seasons has been very underwhelming (I’m being polite).  I’m not big on social media reviews but I haven’t seen anything positive in the last few hours.  I trust Gerrard and co, but there are too many negative comments for my liking.

4 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

A player who struggles on the ball in serie A is definitely a concern

Can't imagine how bad he would be in a much faster, more physical league

Really want us to sign a midfielder who looks like he's playing at his own pace, but doesn't sound like he's the guy

Oh he plays at his own pace alright ;)

Â