Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

Just now, messi11 said:

Nope praying 

He has played 40+ games for Juventus in each of the last 3 seasons.

I’m not too worried about him being good enough for us just because Juventus fans don’t rate him. They are a team that consistently wins Serie A and expects to go far in the Champions League. We’re not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He has played 40+ games for Juventus in each of the last 3 seasons.

I’m not too worried about him being good enough for us just because Juventus fans don’t rate him. They are a team that consistently wins Serie A and expects to go far in the Champions League. We’re not.

I get your point and you're probably right. Coutinho wasn't rated by Barca fans too.

But regardless of Juventus fans thought on Bentancur, He's not the player we need, he isn't a proper number 6

Edited by messi11

Just now, messi11 said:

I get your point and you're probably right. Coutinho wasn't rated by Barca fans too.

But regardless of Juventus fans thought on Bentancur, Hes not the player we need, he isn't a proper number 6

He’s probably not the player we desperately need in midfield, but could be an indication that Luiz is off sooner rather than later.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

He’s probably not the player we desperately need in midfield, but could be an indication that Luiz is off sooner rather than later.

Good because Luiz isn't good enough either for where we want to be

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Like saying a £10 Sekonda watch from Argos is better than a £3000 Rolex watch just because it saves you on Money

This might be the worst analogy I've ever seen. Rolexes are hilariously overpriced.

• Haha 1

Good player but not the quickest so think he'd need time to adapt to prem.

Really like the South American core we're building if we can tempt Coutinho full time. Best sides in football generally have a few in their squads as well it's just the best continent in producing players.

13 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

start of the thread: 'Wow what a signing that would be/can't believe we could get him in'

7 pages in: 'He's gash, please don't sign him'

only on Villa Talk

It's like a window into the psyche of this shithole country 🤣👌

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Good because Luiz isn't good enough either for where we want to be

I think Luiz had been a very good player for us. And if we improve as it looks like the board and manager is planning, he will be a great squad player.  But now I am happy with him in the side.

• Like 2

The big positive I get from this thread is that we are apparently interested in a no6. It does look like a constant theme this window so I am hopeful we will land one before the window shuts. I don't know this guy but there looks to be a few too many negatives for me to get excited. 

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The big positive I get from this thread is that we are apparently interested in a no6. It does look like a constant theme this window so I am hopeful we will land one before the window shuts. I don't know this guy but there looks to be a few too many negatives for me to get excited. 

I agree mostly, the reason I’m not negative is I trust Gerrard and the team to know what we need, so if they go for this guy, they believe in him.  It’s hard to trust fans from other forums because we know what our fans are like sometimes so I have to put trust in our club experts because we’ve done good under them transfer wise imo.

Also £16m isn’t going to kill us financially.  Just missing out on a top DM will.

Edited by nick76

10 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Trouble is Rodrigo Bentancur isn't a number 6, he's a 8

Â