Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Villa fans who apparently watch a a lot of Serie A and play a lot of Football Manager "wow what a signing this would be"
Juventus fans who actually watch every single Juventus games "He's terrible cant wait to get rid of him"

IF we are interested in him, I would trust Steven Gerrard and Gary McAllister's opinions on a midfielder over both those parties. 

Wouldn't you?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

If hes a better tackler and more physical than Luiz then should be an upgrade for that position

He isn't.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Which one would be prefer?

This guy or Kamara?

Definitely Kamara.

He will need this six months to get up to speed if we sign him.

Ill-suited to PL football at the moment. He'd have been steamrolled today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It does slightly worry me that their fans aren’t exactly worried about losing him. The last player we signed that the fans hated (Traore) turned out not good enough so hope this doesn’t happen again. 

Eh? Just go remind yourself of Traore's stats for last season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Excuse me! I haven't played Football Manager. I've only seen one YouTube highlight reel of his.

You’ve clearly carried out full due diligence. A man after my own heart, your opinion is beyond reproach. 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It does slightly worry me that their fans aren’t exactly worried about losing him. The last player we signed that the fans hated (Traore) turned out not good enough so hope this doesn’t happen again. 

He's a bit like Carrick I think. Fairly languid in style. So when he has a bad game, it feels really bad because they never look bothered.

Surprised at the link because he certainly isn't the bit of steel we lack in there. He's more of a passer.

Edited by Tomaszk

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Did we sign 2 Traore’s? Bertrand turned out pretty good been injured this season so it’s impossible to judge  his  second season improvement.

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not good enough for juve and not good enough for villa are 2 very different barometers 

And he can't be that bad if juve are picking him over the likes of Ramsey, mckennie, rabiot even locatelli some weeks and Arthur who has been linked with a big money move to arsenal 

Juve selling Arthur and him in the same window would be the doubt and if we need him rather than someone slightly deeper, wouldn't mind another loan to buy 

I haven’t seen him play and I understand what the Juve fans think but he’s played a lot of minutes over the last few seasons for them, as you say over some quality options in the Juve squad, under several managers and is only 24.  He can’t be as poor as those few Juve fans said, I need a lot more of their fans views to be accepting he’s that poor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Did he though really.

Your hatred of Traore is bizzare

Our two most expensive buys of the summer under Smith were players to replace him on the right hand side. 

We'll see if Gerrard fancies him but I strongly suspect he won't.

Don't care how many goals he scored, I care about Villa goals, not player goals.

So yeah, not good enough I'd say.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Our two most expensive buys of the summer under Smith were players to replace him on the right hand side. 

Don't care how many goals he scored, I care about Villa goals, not player goals.

He's not consistent enough... 

Which from memory is exactly what the lyon fans said 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Relative though isnt it... Juve are the Italian Man Utd. They're comparing Bentancur to Pirlo, Deschamps, Zidane etc in the same way Man Utd think players like Fred are rubbish because he isnt a reincarnation of Roy Keane or Paul Scholes.

If we compare Bentancur to some of the absolute dross we've had in our midfield and even to our current players in that DM area then he is a vast improvement. He'll have his faults, but so do all the current players we love (apart from Martinez of course...). If Steven Gerrard thinks this central midfielder is a good player then Im prepared to take his word on it 

Would you take Fred at Villa then if we was linked to him?

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It’s amazing people forget we literally went and spent £70m on two right sided forwards because the club knew Traore wasn’t good enough. And that was before they knew Grealish was leaving. 

We're not exactly going to be signing players form Juventus that their fans want to keep, are we?

I'm sure AC Milan fans were happy when we signed Laursen from them too. Don't know why that transfer came to mind, maybe Italy.

Â