Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

I mean, we have an excellent midfielder for a manager. He obviously knows the qualities required to play the DM role. If he thinks Bentancur has the required traits to fill that role then I'm all for it. We may play him differently to how he's been played at Juve. 

It seems to me from all the reports that he's a good ball winner, but isn't necessarily progressive on the ball. Which is fine for us. We only need him to win the ball back and play it to one of McGinn, Ramsey, Coutinho or Buendia. 

Maybe Juve were expecting him to do more than we will ask of him? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

What about Traore's contribution wasn't to your liking?

Hes not consistent enough, he can look fantastic in a game then go invisible for the next 2.

He also has a propensity to sliw the game down too much, we have become a better team than that now

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

I mean, we have an excellent midfielder for a manager. He obviously knows the qualities required to play the DM role. If he thinks Bentancur has the required traits to fill that role then I'm all for it. We may play him differently to how he's been played at Juve. 

It seems to me from all the reports that he's a good ball winner, but isn't necessarily progressive on the ball. Which is fine for us. We only need him to win the ball back and play it to one of McGinn, Ramsey, Coutinho or Buendia. 

Just hope he has the athleticism for the premier league.

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

From what I understand he does have strong progressive passing stats, not dribbling though.

But as you says that's perfect for us either way.

• Like 1

Feels like this could be happenig. I am very confident he will be good enough to come and play here.

Whether he is exactly what we need perhaps depends on the game, I rather suspect he will ultimately replace Luiz in the squad, and we'll use Luiz' sale proceeds to target a more physical DM type (maybe Bissouma) in the summer. 

He may need some time to settle in a new league too, so doing this now makes sense so that we can bed him in, improve our squad and first XI now, and go all guns blazing for Europe next season. 

Could be a third brilliant opportunistic signing this window. 

• Like 1

i find this window fascinating.

In 5 years we have gone from signing Nyland, Carroll, Bree, Onomah, Tshibola, Elphick, Adomah, De laet, McCormack, Hogan etc etc...........

TO.....

in the last couple of years........Bailey, Buendia, Digne, Coutinho, Ings, Mings, Martinez, Cash, Konsa etc etc....

AND......

Seriously debating whether a Uruguayan International with 45 caps, having played 133 times for Juventus.......is quite good enough for our central midfield.

What a time to be alive :)

• Like 3

Â